Alaska Cruise

cal680

We went on Princess to Alaska in 2001. Someone (our TA I think), told us the average age for that cruise was 57.

There were a lot of older folks on that cruise, but there was a good mix, including several kids.

To us, it didn't matter. Alaska is a "must do" cruise. Totally worth every penny!

It's an interesting question, especially in light of the recent Alaska Travel Industry Association's ad campaign, which features an Alaska license plate with the plate number B4UDIE. Obviously, the "before you die" slogan has been controversial. But according to the interview on NPR a few months back, they have done their homework, and are intentionally targeting seniors with money.

Whether that marketing push is indeed increasing the average age of those booking is something that only the market research folks know for sure.

Our Alaska Cruise was in September.......so there were very very few kids.

The age was on average older......the disco was Dead.

And we had 2 different people taked off the ship in ports for a fall and heart problem.

I would not have missed our Alaska cruise for anything...

Older people can be lots of fun......and have a lot to share.:)

We cruised AK in June 01, and can't say that I recall seeing too many kids. There was a good age mix - older that you would find on a Caribbean cruise.

Don't worry about the age mix - this is a fantastic trip. ;)

As far as kids, I don't think there would be many in May and September because of school. And during the peak months, I think there would be a lot fewer kids on the one-way Alaska cruises than on the round-trip from cruises from Seattle/Vancouver because of airfare costs. (But my kids have been on both.)

We cruised AK in June 01

Hi Deb & Joe,

Which cruise line did you take to Alaska? We also went in June of '01. Took the Dawn Princess out of Seward on June 2 to 9. Were you on that one?

Mongie

We cruised AK in June 01

Hi Deb & Joe,

Which cruise line did you take to Alaska? We also went in June of '01. Took the Dawn Princess out of Seward on June 2 to 9. Were you on that one?

Mongie

Mongie,

We were on the Carnival Spirit Northbound Vancouver-Anchorage. June 20-July 1! We had wonderful weather - DH was wishing we had packed some shorts!

Deb

Mongie,

We were on the Carnival Spirit Northbound Vancouver-Anchorage. June 20-July 1! We had wonderful weather - DH was wishing we had packed some shorts!

Deb

It was odd wearing shorts in Fairbanks, Alaska before our cruise. I think the temps were in the high 80's if I remember correctly. I can't wait to do Alaska again, but next time I want to do the Hawaii to Alaska run!!

Archived