Fog, Fog, Fog Breakaway 10/23-30

MCARAB1

Sitting in JFK waiting for late flight home so thought I’d give a quick review. Cabin 8130 large balcony suite was quiet and balcony really large with 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table. Unfortunately due to cold wet weather we only got to enjoy it the last day at sea. SO VERY GLAD we purchased the Thermal Spa pass for the cruise and I used it every day and some times twice a day. My joke looking out was hoping the captain would miss the iceberg! Couldn’t see anything even when on some of the shore excursions. Lots of color on the trees when we could see and the sun cooperated in Halifax as well as sea day back to NYC. The transfer excursion to airport with NYC tour with stop at 911 memorial for photos was a good way to burn up some of the 10+ hours before the flight to Austin tonight.  I’ll write a better review about food, shows, service, and ports later after I have time at home and review my notes.

• Like 1

Sorry about the fog.  We got off when you got on.  Our disembarkation was quite a mess with the Westside HWY closed for a bike race.

I'm curious if those boarding the ship had issues.  Did you have any challenges boarding the ship?

Hope you enjoyed your trip!

No challenges boarding on 10/23.  I agree with the first poster about the fog and the value of the Thermal Suite on this cruise.  We had 3 nights of the foghorn all night long, and the wind rearranging the balcony furniture.  The Acadia excursion in Bar Harbor bordered on the surreal - "On your left is (fill in the blank) you can't see it today, but take my word for it."  They did their best, and despite the weather we had a fine time.

• Thanks 1