FCC not showing up? Also, deadline for use?

rbxlady

We booked our October cruise in March, made final payment in June, and directly upgraded to the Haven in mid-August because the price dropped to about our bid (x2) while cabins dwindled. The day after we upgraded, when there were only two cabins of our type left, the price dropped $600. I called NCL, and they gave me and my husband each a $300 FCC, which I was told would show up in my Latitudes account after we completed our cruise, and our cabin type sold out the following day (so no further price drops). Two weeks later, I received an e-mail confirming the FCCs.

We disembarked our cruise on 10/29. All of our CruiseNext certificates are showing in my NCL account, along with a $100 "welcome back" coupon, but there is no FCC in sight. I have checked just about everywhere in my account on the NCL site and don't see it. Is there someplace special I need to look, or do I need to call NCL?

Also, the e-mail confirming the FCCs said, "These credits will be available for one year to book and sail, upon completion of your current sailing on Debarkation Day." If we have one year from 10/29/22 to sail, does that mean that we must choose a cruise with an embarkation date or a disembarkation date of 10/29/23 (or maybe 10/28/23) or earlier? I can't find anything specific on this, and the confirmation e-mail for the FCCs is short on details.

Thank you!

10 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

You MIGHT have to cal in to verify and use it.  I have heard of that happening in similar situations.

OK, thanks. I was hoping I had just missed it in my account somewhere or didn't know where to look. I will definitely call if I don't see it by this weekend.

On 11/2/2022 at 7:25 AM, rbxlady said:

We disembarked our cruise on 10/29. All of our CruiseNext certificates are showing in my NCL account, along with a $100 "welcome back" coupon, but there is no FCC in sight. I have checked just about everywhere in my account on the NCL site and don't see it. Is there someplace special I need to look, or do I need to call NCL?

I had a similar situation with a price drop after final payment on the Bliss in September. They gave me and my husband each a FCC. I could see the Cruise Next on my account, but not the FCCs. So, I called NCL and they could see it. I asked my TA, too, and she was able to see it and apply it. I did book another cruise, and it is going to be over before the 12 months, so I can’t answer your other question about the timing before the FCC expires. So, I suggest calling NCL and finding out for sure. And then let us know, if you can. It would be nice to have that answer. 😀

• Thanks 1

Thank you! I've been so swamped with work after returning that I haven't had a chance to return to this post. I think I'll be calling NCL shortly and will update.

Edited to add that I just called, and they must be super busy because it asked me to go to the site and fill out a form. That's fine, as I didn't really want to spend time on a phone call explaining the situation. I'll update when I get a response. No hurry, since I have the confirmation e-mail and am not booking anything new just yet.

Edited by rbxlady
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

Have you received your Latitude Rewards points for the cruise?  I am in the same boat as far as the FCC for a price drop on the cruise we just got off of on Sunday, and my Latitude rewards hasn't updated either.  Just wondered if yours had.

Latitude Rewards points showed up within the first week, but I can't say that I looked before then. I'm sorry I don't have anything more specific than that.

• Like 1

As an update, the FCC still isn't showing in my Latitudes account (CruiseNext certificates and the welcome back $100 coupon are still all there), but I just got an e-mail today confirming that the FCC been applied to our accounts, so now I have two e-mail confirmations backing me up if I have problems with it later.

• Like 2