Nassau Dolphin Swim - morning??

RKAJ

If we are only in port until 1 pm on Sunday, is it possible to do the Dolphin Swim? Royal only offers Dolphin encounter (at least that's what I see on their webpage) as an excursion and we'd really like to do the swimming.

Anyone know?

If we are only in port until 1 pm on Sunday, is it possible to do the Dolphin Swim? Royal only offers Dolphin encounter (at least that's what I see on their webpage) as an excursion and we'd really like to do the swimming.

Anyone know?

If your ship is doing an encounter during those hours, there's a good chance you will be able to do the swim at time.

Contact the dolphin encounter directly.

You will have to get a cab over to the Paradise Island Ferry terminal to begin your trip, but you should be able to take the ferry back directly to the port (ask the office about makeing this arrangement.)

www.dophinencounters.com

Scubagirl- We booked this excursion through shoretrips- for 8:30am. The tour company said it was 3 hours long and we would be back in plenty of time.

I am nervous about getting back to NCL Spirit in time by (all aboard 12:30). Should I cancel, it there a chance of hitting traffic and not getting back to the ship in time? We will be in port April 14th(Good Friday). Any thoughts?

Scubagirl- We booked this excursion through shoretrips- for 8:30am. The tour company said it was 3 hours long and we would be back in plenty of time.

I am nervous about getting back to NCL Spirit in time by (all aboard 12:30). Should I cancel, it there a chance of hitting traffic and not getting back to the ship in time? We will be in port April 14th(Good Friday). Any thoughts?

Like I said.. if your SHIP is offering the excursion, then you' should be coming and going on the same ferry whether you book thru the ship or thru the terminal.. so you would be safe. If your SHIP is NOT offering the tour.. it's because there's not enough time to get there and back.

Shoretrips is a reseller... they have nothing to do with the tour except selling you a timeslot. Check with the dolphin encounter to see if they have a tour to coinside with your hours at port. Do not trust other outfitters for this kind of information.

My thoughts... again.. if the ship is offerring the timeline.. then book it. If not.. don't chance it. The island is 30 minutes away by boat.

Yes, the cruise ship is offering the same excursion.( for $125 per person. I will be paying $80 per person plus taxi fees of around $5 per person. Booking with the tour company I save$35 per person(X4= $140savings))

In looking at the previous reply to RKAJ- it was mentioned that it may be possible to take the ferry back directly to the port where the ship is. Do I call dolphin encounter directly to enquire or or ask the tour company?

And thank you so much scubagirl- you are so knowledgable!!!(SP??):D

Yes, the cruise ship is offering the same excursion.( for $125 per person. I will be paying $80 per person plus taxi fees of around $5 per person. Booking with the tour company I save$35 per person(X4= $140savings))

In looking at the previous reply to RKAJ- it was mentioned that it may be possible to take the ferry back directly to the port where the ship is. Do I call dolphin encounter directly to enquire or or ask the tour company?

And thank you so much scubagirl- you are so knowledgable!!!(SP??):D

You would need to arrange your return to dock directly with Dophon Encounter.. It's very likely that you will be able to do this.. just ask.

I called dolphin encounters to see about booking the swimming with the dolphins and found that they are completely booked. I also asked if RCCL did the swimming encounter as an excursion and she told me NO. Only the encounter at the platform is what they do.

Just an FYI.

Thanks for the info.

I called dolphin encounters to see about booking the swimming with the dolphins and found that they are completely booked. I also asked if RCCL did the swimming encounter as an excursion and she told me NO. Only the encounter at the platform is what they do.

Just an FYI.

Thanks for the info.

The Dolphin SWIM, books up at least 3 months in advance during high season. (including summer months).. Those thinking of doing this in the summer, should book it NOW.

a word of caution. you may be able to save a few bucks booking yourself. when you book yourself you normally pay prior to going. If something comes up and you are sick, decide not to do the excursion or something else outside the control of the dolphin encounter company you lose your money and no refund.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived