curfew??

tjoil

I didn't take my kids when I was on the Glory in 2004...but I noticed last year on her sister ship~ the Valor, that there was a teen disco/arcade/club right next to the adult clubs and disco....it was open around 1am and there was what looked to be an "organized" activity going on for the teenagers onboard...they were making 10 layered banana splits and there was a disco ball and lights...and 70's disco music...I almost went in...I wanted one!

Seriously hard to keep your kids away when there is a party with ice cream and chocolate sauce going on... with their "NEW" friends all there.

The teen counselors seemed like they were having just as much fun....they were teaching the kids the hustle!

Good Luck with an early curfew! :D

We are taking our 3 kids, DD 14, twin boys 13. We have seen the activities that go on for kids this age late at night. It's vacation, it's special and we have good kids, so we allow them to stay out until 1am. It would be cruel to keep them from all the fun. I know exactly where they are at all times as they must tell us when the go somewhere else. We use walkie-talkies and actually meet up with them in person at least twice at night after dinner. We even "spy" on them to make sure they are where they say they are.

I had the over protective parents and I will not do that to my kids; but I will know where they are and who they are with. You can be a good parent without smothering your kids, IMHO. I would never tell anyone how to raise their kids, so please don't think I am. Just letting you know what works for our family.

Happy cruising,

Gayle

Archived