A couple of Glory Questions - Please?

I will be sailing on the Glory in May (Western Carribean), and I had a few questions. First, I have read many posts complaining about the movement of the ship, and I am concerned about dining room positioning. I have chosed the first seating, second time slot for dinner. I chose the 6:15 seating as apposed to the 5:45. I was wondering if anyone can tell me which of the two dining rooms this will be in. (I am afraid if I am in the Platinum, which is all the way in the back on the boat, I may get seasick at dinner.) Was this a problem for anyone who ate in the Platinum Dining room who is suseptible to motion sickness.

Second, which nights are the formal nights? Are they usually port days or at sea days.

Third, on non-formal nights, I know you are not supposed to wear shorts to dinner in the main dining room, but alot of people state that this is not enforced. My father wants to wear shorts if at all possible to dinner (without going to the lido deck). Do other people in the Dining room get offended if a male wears a nice pair of shorts with a dressy shirt? Or is this a definate no-no, even though Carnival tends to look the other way.

Finally, does anyone know about the "horseracing" which Carnival offers for betting on. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

As a final note - I see the countdown from Ticker Factory.com. I have been to this web site, and found a ticker I like. How do I copy it to my signature. Thank you.

If they havent changed you should be in the Golden Dining Room, center ship. Buy some ginger pills for the motion sickness and taken them twice a day starting the day before you sail.

Formal nights were monday and thursday night.

Oh my goodness, please dont wear shorts on formal night or even non-formal nights.:eek: :eek: Thats a totally new thread you dont want to start. I strongly encourage he wear a nice pair of slacks for the hour or two.

The horse racing you are talking about is not "horse racing" as much as stick horse racing where the passengers are involved. Alot of fun for kids and most adults.

I just returned from a trip on the Glory to the Western Caribbean. I will respond to your questions if I can.

We were seated in the Platinum Dining Room - upper floor (this is at the back of the ship). I did not notice movement there at all. The seas were a bit rougher the first two days, but still did not notice any problem with it. My mother & aunt wear patches since they are subject to motion sickness. :eek: They had no problem with the dining room or the ship. We had the 8:00 dinner time & were seated at table 531. Our service was excellent, but my sister sat at table 529 & had horrid service. Ask for Danny Boy, Michael & Indra. They were great. I didn't see anyone in shorts, but feel it would have been OK to wear nice ones with a nice shirt.

The Formal nights were the "out to sea" days - Monday & Thursday nights.

One recommendation for you! We went cave tubing out of Belize. We booked a private company through cave-tubing.com. This group of young men were exceptional! They carried the tubes for the women, helped us up & down the stairs & through the rain forest, into & out of our tubes & went with us through two (not one as the cruise ship offers) caves, pushing, pulling, & paddling the entire way. I saw people from the cruise ships struggling, banging into the cave walls, hitting their bottoms on rocks, etc. because the guides did not take them through the caves, just dumped them off & picked them up. The price was almost half the price of the ship tour. We left our stuff (money, credit cards, purses, valuables) on the bus & were assured it would be safe. It was! It was a great trip & we all really enjoyed it. If you're interested contact Yhony@cave-tubing.com or yhony7547@yahoo.com

Don't miss the Chocolate Buffet on Friday. Some of my group didn't see it & missed it. Try the Chocolate fountain over the fruit......yummy!

Any other questions, contact me.....

Cruisin'Col

I will be sailing on the Glory in May (Western Carribean), and I had a few questions. First, I have read many posts complaining about the movement of the ship, and I am concerned about dining room positioning. I have chosed the first seating, second time slot for dinner. I chose the 6:15 seating as apposed to the 5:45. I was wondering if anyone can tell me which of the two dining rooms this will be in. (I am afraid if I am in the Platinum, which is all the way in the back on the boat, I may get seasick at dinner.) Was this a problem for anyone who ate in the Platinum Dining room who is suseptible to motion sickness.

Second, which nights are the formal nights? Are they usually port days or at sea days.

Third, on non-formal nights, I know you are not supposed to wear shorts to dinner in the main dining room, but alot of people state that this is not enforced. My father wants to wear shorts if at all possible to dinner (without going to the lido deck). Do other people in the Dining room get offended if a male wears a nice pair of shorts with a dressy shirt? Or is this a definate no-no, even though Carnival tends to look the other way.

Finally, does anyone know about the "horseracing" which Carnival offers for betting on. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

As a final note - I see the countdown from Ticker Factory.com. I have been to this web site, and found a ticker I like. How do I copy it to my signature. Thank you.

#1 - Please keep in mind that you requested a time for Dinner but you will not know for certain what dinner time you will have until you receive your Sign and Sail card at the time of boarding. If you do not like your assigned dinner time then you may go to the Matre D' (there is a time on embarkation day for this which will be given to you in the boarding notes or the Capers) and request a change.

That said the Platinum Dining Room (Aft) is the 5:45 and 8:00 times and the Golden DIning Room (MidShip) is 6:15 and 8:30.

I had no problems with motion. We had dinner in the Golden Dining Room but the Platiunum Dining Room is where the Open Breakfast and Lunch are served so we ate it both over the course of the week.

#2 - As previously posted, Monday and Thursday are Formal Nights.

#3 - The policy is no shorts in the Dining Room and I strongly suggest that this be followed. I have seen people turned away for not being properly dressed. As a previous poster said, there is much discussion about this on the boards and you can read further about it if you would like.

#4 - Horserace - someone else responded and I have never participated in this so I can't comment. I don't even remember it on my last sailing.

#5 - When you make the ticker it will produce a code whiich you copy and then come over to CC, open your sig. page and paste the code in its entiretly into that .

The Glory was my favorite cruise so far!! Have fun!!!

Archived