Pulling away from the dock...Is there anything like it?

I have a question, is there enough time from the end of muster drill to pulling away from pier to run you life vest back to your cabin. We are lucky that we are booked in on deck 10 in a JS.

I don't want to miss pulling away from the dock, as this is my husbands very first cruise ever. It's my third the last cruise was back in 1978, so I'm also don't want to miss it ever.

Christine

I too don't like seeing the elevator switched to Saturday OR Sunday! Did you ever notice the mood of everyone at breakfast on the day we're getting ready to leave? Everyone is quiet, depressed and tired! You can definitely feel the difference from the day of boarding! It's probably a combination of depression, just plain tired from the whole week or hungover from last night!! My boys always stay up all night on the last night so they are definitely "out of it!"

Had a wonderful sail away March 5th. After the muster drill DB and I put our life jackets back in our room then ran up to the top deck. Watched the water get kicked up as we pulled away from the dock. As we sailed through the Fort Lauderdale channel we were greeted by a man with a microphone set up wishing us "Bon Voyage Jewel of the Seas". Next was the battle of the horns--the condos sounded their horns and the Jewel answered back. Lots of cheers, waves and good wishes. Sailed into the open water to a great cruise.

Lisa

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]Carnival Festival-January 1992
Empress of the Seas-August 1993
Majesty of the Seas-August 1994[/COLOR][/FONT]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]RCI Song of America-April 1995[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Club Med I-May 1996[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Rhapsody of the Seas-October 1997[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Norwegian Majesty-August 1998[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Adventure of the Seas-April 2002[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Serenade of the Seas-March 2004 [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Diamond Princess-January 2005[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Zuiderdam-November 2005[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Enchantment of the Seas-December 2005[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Jewel of the Seas-March 2006 [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Monarch of the Seas-May 2006[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Radiance of the Seas-May 2006[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Freedom of the Seas-September 2006[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='KamloopsCruisers']Linda & Jeff - we're sailing on the Radiance next month. Right now I'm going through chemo and my appetite has been a little "off" - but I have been craving Seaview Cafe onion rings. DH has promised to bring me a double order to our AFT balcony (woohoo!!!), so I can sit, sip and munch while we sailaway. I can hardly wait.:D

But, my favourite moment is when I step into our cabin and see my life-vest on the bed. Then, I know I'm home and my long shore excursion is over. There's no feeling like it.[/quote]

Rick and Sue - Smart move booking that AFT balcony...you are closer to the onion rings that way!!!:D

Sue, best of luck with the chemo...have a wonderful vacation, you deserve it!

[quote name='SheltieLady']I have a question, is there enough time from the end of muster drill to pulling away from pier to run you life vest back to your cabin. We are lucky that we are booked in on deck 10 in a JS.

I don't want to miss pulling away from the dock, as this is my husbands very first cruise ever. It's my third the last cruise was back in 1978, so I'm also don't want to miss it ever.

Christine[/quote]

We had plenty of time and we are slow movers. We dumped our vests in the room, went to the pool bar, hung out for awhile and then still had plenty of time to watch sailaway. Of course, they didn't take attendance at our muster drill so maybe ours ended quicker than normal.

Archived