Thrill Ocean Tours - enough time?

Gma&Gpa

I'm looking for tours for Barbados - and have been looking at Thriller Ocean Tours. In checking with them, I find that the starting time is 1:00 and the tour is 3 1/2 hours. That would complete the tour around 4:30. We would still need time to get back over to the dock and if I understand correctly, it will be by public transportation and a little walking to get us back there.

Our ship (Destiny) leaves at 6:00 - is this going to push us too much in regard to time? This is only our second cruise - so obviously, we are still in that "tentative, concerned" stage - with a little fear of missing our ship.

What do you think? Any of you out there used this tour group for an afternoon tour? Anybody have any problems getting back on time or having it cut very close?

Thanks for your input.

I haven't posted on here in quite some time, but I can definitly answer your question. We did the Thriller 1/2 day tour for our honeymoon on Dec. 2, 2005. We did the 1pm start time.. IT's LOTS OF TIME!! There were only 6 of us on the tour, so we were back quicker that anticipated (a lot of time is wasted on tours like this when there are a lot of people cuz you have to wait for everyone to get back onboard, gather snorkels, etc...) The walk isn't much.. but we chose just to walk over the pier and grab a taxi for $6 ea. and we were back in no time. I wouldn't worry about the timing and if you're still concerned just email Stephen and let him know and he'l make sure your back in time!!!

Have fun, it was a great time!

Amy

Thanks for your reply Amy.....it does help to hear your thoughts on this. I suppose if we were seasoned cruisers, it probably wouldnt' even pass through our thoughts. We're just new enough at this, and have read just enough items on here to make us worry about missing our ship.

We'll talk it over some more - and maybe we'll feel more comfortable. Anybody else out there with similar thoughts?

Hi Gma and Gpa, Don't worry, just ask Knarf to have the Captain wait for you if you are late !!!!!!! It's nice to have a friend who is the bestest friend of the Captain !!!!!

Thanks Frank.... it is indeed good to have friends that have the ear of the captain. I think it's a long way to Aruba if I have to go by canoe. We're still undecided. Going to talk it over with the other three maybe this weekend - and then decide which way to go.

I see you are also with Beno in Dominica. We had signed up for that one also. Sounds like a great excursion. 67 hours, 23 minutes to go....

Joyce

the times are varied because of cruise ships.

i really wanted to swim with sea turtles that is why i picked her tour.

she has a variety of tours. if you clickon her site and click on tours you will see she has half dayor full day tours. she also has land & Sea combo tours. I picked the bajan highlight tour.

Thriller Ocean Tours is located in the centre of Bridgetown where most of the deep sea fishing charter boats leave from, right off from the Popular Waterfront Area. Bridgetown is approx. 1 mile from the Bridgetown Port & it's a straight road back to the ship. If you doupt check the map. How long does it take to drive 1 mile? Well, 5 minutes by taxi. You can walk it in 20 minutes. When we were there, lots of people walked to Bridgetown & back to the Cruise Terminal.

Just to confirm the above,we took this tour on sunday,firstly the tour is probably the best i've been on,Steve and John are great guides.

After you get back to the dock you need to walk approx 5 mins and there will be cabs waiting,take approx 5 mins to get back to the ship.

I would agree with the other posters again and say that it doesn't take long to get from Thriller's location back to the ship. We had a departure time at 530pm so back to the ship by 5pm and I think we were actually back at the duty free terminal by 430!!

BTW, if it helps any.. this was our FIRST cruise.. and I really wasn't the least bit concerned. I emailed Stephen prior and told him of our departure time and said it wouldn't be a problem. He has built himself a great company and needs the reputation to keep going, he wouldn't chance having someone left behind..

I hope you decide to take the tour, you will not be disappointed!!! :)

Amy

Thriller Ocean Tours is located in the centre of Bridgetown where most of the deep sea fishing charter boats leave from, right off from the Popular Waterfront Area. Bridgetown is approx. 1 mile from the Bridgetown Port & it's a straight road back to the ship. If you doupt check the map. How long does it take to drive 1 mile? Well, 5 minutes by taxi. You can walk it in 20 minutes. When we were there, lots of people walked to Bridgetown & back to the Cruise Terminal.

I just booked this Thriller tours for my family of 4 in June. The responses from Thriller has been great! As far as time, the told me they would have us back by 4:30 for a 6 sailaway on Destiny.

I have some questions. What is the walk like to town, nice? safe? Is Bridgetown a nice place for shopping and lunch? The guys from Thriller recommended Bridgetown Cafe, do you know the place? We'd like a place right on the water, any other recommendations?

Here's their website. Note that the afternoon tour only inlcudes a lgith snack and not lucnh and is only $45 not the $75 listed on their site. http://www.caribzones.com/thrilleradventure.html

I really appreciate the input from everyone! I now feel 150% better and am no longer worried about missing the boat. We've confirmed our tour with Stephen and I can't wait to go! I'm hoping it will be as great as everyone says :)

I just booked this Thriller tours for my family of 4 in June. The responses from Thriller has been great! As far as time, the told me they would have us back by 4:30 for a 6 sailaway on Destiny.

I have some questions. What is the walk like to town, nice? safe? Is Bridgetown a nice place for shopping and lunch? The guys from Thriller recommended Bridgetown Cafe, do you know the place? We'd like a place right on the water, any other recommendations?

Here's their website. Note that the afternoon tour only inlcudes a lgith snack and not lucnh and is only $45 not the $75 listed on their site. http://www.caribzones.com/thrilleradventure.html

Hi Marcy, Let me see if I can answer some of your questions. First, we took a shuttle ($2 per person) from the terminal to "downtown" this wasn't a very long ride but I think 15-20 to walk? And they dropped us off right in the middle of town and we walked to where Thriller was located. The walk didn't take very long (10-15 min maybe - can someone remember this exactly?) and was very safe. I found at this point in the cruise (it was our last island) I was tired of looking a duty free shops, booze, jewlery etc so we just strolled on down. As you walk you will see marina on the right hand side and a bridge that there are ALOT of people walking across. Go across the bridge and turn right, walk down the pier and you will see signs where the different boats are docked. Look for Thriller (it's red) and it's in front of the Waterfront Cafe.

We did have a bit to eat at the Waterfront, which please keep in mind is VERY EXPENSIVE. The whole island is. Looking back we would have preferred to eat on the ship or bring something with us since all the food and beverages are pricey on the island. Stephen will serve unlimited drinks and his "snack" is usually tostitoes and salsa.

I can't really say much about shopping cuz I had had enough by then. Since we did the afternoon tour we thought we would have shopped during the morning, but instead we found we ended up wasting our morning. If I could do things over I think I would have grabbed a cab first thing in the morning and asked for a 2 hour island tour, then went back to the ship to eat, change and then go find Thriller.

Regardless of all of that, our time with Stephen was wonderful and we truely did have a great time! Enjoy your tour and your cruise!

Amy

Archived