Casitas on Oasis of the Seas

I've seen mixed reviews about the Casitas.  Do they now have shade?  Or are they really far away from the pool just out in the open?  Also, how many are there on Oasis?  I saw that choosing the Casita is on a first-come, first-served basis the day of your rental.  I didn't know if it made any difference as to location.  Truly are there better locations than others (I know there are for cabanas/beach beds on Coco Cay and Labadee)?  If so, what are the best locations?    This is for Oasis of the Seas, so anyone who has been on Oasis recently, I'd appreciate any input/feedback.  Thanks again!!

We had a Casita in July on Oasis.  Yes! Location matters. I didn't go check in until around noon and was stuck with what was left.  So, the casitas are a deck above the pool and can face twd the pool or out twd the sea. They are staggered a bit.  One side is along the non-smoking area. The other side is along the smoking area. There is a lot of foot traffic and people watching the sea up there. It rained midday so we didn't even get much use that day. Would I book again, yes!  Is it necessary, no! So, if you have a preference you have to get there early. If you book more than one day you can set up your time and preference on your first day for the entire week.  I would say the best ones are closer to the middle of the pool sightline and away from the deck door. You would have to decide from there if you want to face the ocean or the pool.

42 minutes ago, lawyerboy5555 said:

If so, what are the best locations?    This is for Oasis of the Seas, so anyone who has been on Oasis recently, I'd appreciate any input/feedback.  Thanks again!!

Many calculations go into your question. For instance, are the days going southward during your cruise. The sun sets on the westward side, starboard on on the ship or right side to everyone who has not sailed. That said, if you are on the port side or left, the sun will be in your face from 1pm until sunset as the Casitas have no shade in the front. The lower angle of the sun will be blinding you and be much warmer than the other side. I have watched many trying to shield their younger children with towels due to the intensity of the sun.

I witnessed this personally last September on the Oasis from Bayonne.

Flip side, move to the starboard side during the same cruise on that exact deck on that day and they are shielded from the sun due to the back side of the Casita blocking the sun rays.

I have sailed for many years and most people do not even consider your question.

You are a good thinker. 😁