Over the counter drug store items

clopaw

I've been on enough cruises that I should know this, but do they sell basics like cough drops or nasal spray on the ships? We have four sea days in a row so this is a little more of an issue. I always bring a bunch of OTC items, but was wondering if there was any opportunity if I forget something.

They have a selection of basic items. Other items are available at the ship's doctor office - some free and some at a charge. Some basic toiletries and other items may also be available complimentary at the pursers desk on some ships.

My advice would be to take your preferred brands with you. I di not do this on my last trip, and when I became ill just hours before end of cruise I was stuck without madication, and I could not go to the surgery on board because it ws dis- embarkation day.

I flew home getting worse all the time, in fact by time I arrived at my home air port, I was a fit only for the emergency room, and spent two weeks needing care.

I have already stocked up for my next trip.

Bring your own stuff. I started getting all stuffy and sneazy on our last cruise; the only cold meds they sold on Constellation were Dristan cold medicine, but that stuff chews my stomach to shreds. Went in search of cold meds at Southern Caribbean ports, finally found comtrex on Grenada, and paid dearly for it. From now on, I'll come prepared.

the only personal item that I have not been able to purchase on any cruise ship was a contact lens case when my son lost his glasses on a shore excursion and needed to use his sister's spare contacts, luckilly she had brought a new spare set with her, but he didn't have a case to store them in(they have the same prescription)....so he made do with a paper cup...plainly marked, "please do not throw away"!

some of the brands might be limited, but they were nonetheless, name brands!

Beverly

Archived