Elation w/ kids....

We want to cruise the week of Thanksgiving... as it is the ONLY time we can take the kids with us, & that is a whole other thread in and of itself.:mad:

ANYHOWWWW.... Was wondering what you all thought of this ship for a family of five ( children will be 3,8,11). Is seems really pretty but is it too old or will the kids still like it?

Husband and I will be on Valor in April, will we be disappointed after having been on her first?

Itinerary:

Port Canaveral

Half Moon Cay

Grand Turks/Caicos

Any thoughts and or opinions of any kind will be greatly apprecaited.... on the ship or itinerary!:D

Thanks ALL!!

The Elation seemed to be loads of fun for the kids we observed that were in the little kid's club. I would be really careful with your 3 year old though. The area around the main pool on Lido deck was closed in but, all of the deck around Tiffany's had gaps in the railings & a small one could fall through easily. I can send you pics if you send your email address.

We want to cruise the week of Thanksgiving... as it is the ONLY time we can take the kids with us, & that is a whole other thread in and of itself.:mad:

ANYHOWWWW.... Was wondering what you all thought of this ship for a family of five ( children will be 3,8,11). Is seems really pretty but is it too old or will the kids still like it?

Husband and I will be on Valor in April, will we be disappointed after having been on her first?

Itinerary:

Port Canaveral

Half Moon Cay

Grand Turks/Caicos

Any thoughts and or opinions of any kind will be greatly apprecaited.... on the ship or itinerary!:D

We took out party of 8 on the elation, twice! May 04 and May 05. We are now taking the Conquest april 30,06. The kids in 05 were 5, 7 & 8. THe 5 year old was by herself but met friends the first day. THe 7 and 8 year olds were together. All the kids had a blast and wanted to attend Camp Carnival every time they were able to. The ate with the kids at camp every night except the 1st & last (they cant). We we ported in Cozumel the boy (8) didn't even want to get off the ship because of something special camp was doing. I even called the camp right as we were about to get off the ship to make sure he had not changed his mind and he hadent!

Also, the Elation IS older but she is AWESOMELY beautiful. Very clean. Vacation is what you make of it. Some people on here point out the LITTLEST things to nick pick, relax, your kids will love the Elation as much as mine did. Have fun.:cool:

The Elation is one of the Fantasy class ships that we have not sailed yet, but look forward to. It is a good size ship for kids (IMHO) because it is big enough to offer lots of stuff to do, but small enough to keep up with them!!

jw4jg1mg2eg1 Gosh... I don't know why. Let me try again.. ehy0308@ttlv.net. It shouldn't because I am receiving other email from posters here. If it doesn't work thanks for trying !!!!:D

I too was thinking that she ( Elation) would be a great size for kids... not too overwhelming for littlel legs! I have heard really good things and I agree with the post about a vacation is what you make of it. I am not one to nit pick, and I am easy to please! Ijust want my childrent to have an oportunity to see our beautful world... there's so much too see that they don't know about!!:rolleyes: If anyone has pick can you provide the link ot try and email them ? Thank you to all and have a geat day !!:

Archived