Suggestions for Montego bay on a budget

i guide the sky

I will be visting MB with a friend and we are trying to save some money. all the shore excursions which are cheaper and more attractive to us are sold out. SO i would love to hear some suggestions about something to do in Jamaica on the adventurous side. For example is it expensive/safe to get a taxi to the falls. or to do something similar to the tubing excursion but not thru the cruise line since it is sold out.

thaks for ANY input.

We just returned from a wonderful trip arranged by A to Z Jamaica Planners, Brenda and Georgeen arranged it. Our driver Garfield took us to Mayfield Falls, a 45 minute drive but worth every minute - we spent 1 1/2 hours walking the falls. He then took us to lunch at a local spot, and for a quick drink at Margaritaville in MoBay. It was $40 each, plus a tip - but a bargain in our eyes.

We just returned from a wonderful trip arranged by A to Z Jamaica Planners, Brenda and Georgeen arranged it. Our driver Garfield took us to Mayfield Falls, a 45 minute drive but worth every minute - we spent 1 1/2 hours walking the falls. He then took us to lunch at a local spot, and for a quick drink at Margaritaville in MoBay. It was $40 each, plus a tip - but a bargain in our eyes.

Do you have a link or e-mail address???

we just got back from the conquest yesterday. while in jamaica we had the wonderful fortune of running into a taxi/tour driver named romeo wilson. the security lady told us he was safe to go with. he took my mom (retired) and me all over the place, to the beach, up the mountain, stopped for us to take lots of pix, even picked us some tropical flowers. he's charming and knows the area well. he offered to take us to flea markets, waterfalls, anything we wanted. his card has this number (876)392-4588. the waterwheel on the old sugarcane plantation was very interesting, and the shipwreck on the beach we stopped at was awesome.

We are also thinking about this tour but including Dr. Cave Beach. Is there enough time to do all of this? What time did you tour start and end?

just tell the cab driver that you want to go to sunset beach and he will take you there. All you have to do is walk in and tell them your a cruise ship passanger and would like a day pass to the beach. You give them your sign and sail card and 40 bucks and go have some fun. They will give your card back to you when you start to leave...no worries.:D

sorry it took me so long to reply.:o

just tell the cab driver that you want to go to sunset beach and he will take you there. All you have to do is walk in and tell them your a cruise ship passanger and would like a day pass to the beach. You give them your sign and sail card and 40 bucks and go have some fun. They will give your card back to you when you start to leave...no worries.:D

sorry it took me so long to reply.:o

I read somewhere that there are massages available at Sunset Beach, and now I can't find where I read that......but since you were just there.....are they available at Sunset Beach??? Any idea about $$

We cruise on April 9th!!! Hurry up April 9th!!!

I haven't been to sunset beach yet...Going there on my April 9 cruise with Magica. I have read alot about it and have been told that it is a wonderful place. I also read somewhere about the massages there. If I recall it was like 35$ for a 30 minute massage and if you wanted a deep massage it was like 45$ for 30 minutes. Hope this helps.:)

We were just in Mobay and did the canopy tour. Awesome, but $99 per person. Some of the others in our group just took a taxi in to town to shop and they hated it! Said people were really "pushy" and would actually take you by the arm and drag you in to their stores. Take the suggestion of those above and for $40, a day of fun at the beach sounds like a good deal!

If you want to do some shopping after, there are some nice shops at the cruise peir when you get back. And no one bothers you at all. That is where I picked up a few gifts.

Have fun whatever you decide to do!

Archived