Need advice on precruise transport LA

beach spring

We are on the Island Princess May 6 departure from LA. We need to turn in our rental the night before at LAX and are looking for recommendations for a hotel which provides transporation from LAX. We are especially hoping that you experienced travellers can advise us of a hotel which ALSO then has transportation to the ship. Does such a hotel exist? Yes, before you flame me, I know this sounds cheap but I am trying to be as economical as possible

When we fly into LAX we just get a taxi to take us to San Pedro and we stay at the Best Western Sunset. It is directly across from the pier and you can watch your ship come in. There are some awesome resturants across the street also from the hotel and a diner right next door. The hotel starts shuttling everyone over to the ship beginning at 10:00am. This has worked great for us several times. If you will be site seeing and need a car turn it in at the airport then taxi to the hotel.

You might also consider the Princess LAX Marriott package. It sells out quickly but if you can get it, it's a great deal. It's $59/night/pp and that includes your night at the hotel AND transfer to the port. I paid about $125 total for the two of us. You leave your bags (except your carryon) in your hotel room and they take it directly to the ship and your cabin.

A bonus, as I found out, there's a Hertz rental desk right in the hotel so that when you check in, you can just park your rental in the parking lot and leave the parking ticket and your rental express checkout at the desk or in the slot. It couldn't have been quicker or easier. I was afraid I'd have to go back to the airport and then shuttle back to the hotel.

If you're interested, just check with your TA. If you booked directly, just call Princess.

Archived