Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

Well I finally booked a cruise (not my first cruise and not my first on RCCL, but my first on a Voyager Class ship... so pretty excited :) ).

We are sailing on the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral. We will be in Orlando for a few days before the cruise (to enjoy the area and because of my lost lugage paranioa...), so will have a hire car and be driving to the Port in that (will drop off at Port Canaveral).

We will be flying to LA (to visit family) immediately we get off the ship (again from MCO). Am looking at booking the AA flight - which is about 1.30pm. So which is the quickest, easiest, least fuss and hanging around way to get from the port back to the airport? I know that RCCL offers transfers, but realise that this tends to mean "hanging around" quite a bit whilst they load up the buses... are there any better options?

Boo

why not just hire a shuttle service. I am coming back from port canaveral as well and hired around the clock shuttle out of orlando. If you search the threads, many posters discuss the different shuttle services they have hired out of orlando and port canaveral. You can also search the internet for orlando transportation. It should bring up a ton of shuttle services.

We sailed out of Port Canaveral in December. We rented a car one-way from Budget at the airport and then rented a car one-way back after the cruise. The Budget office is very close to the port and Budget has a free shuttle (we tipped the driver) to and from the port. We had to wait a little bit at the port for the shuttle when we returned from the cruise. However, we should have called the Budget office as soon as we disembarked, and that might have speeded things along. One word of advice: Be sure to show Budget the receipt for gas if you fill up the car when you return it. Otherwise, they charge you about $10 for a fill-up.

Reserve a car/limo -- turning in a rental and getting one might take too much time IMO -- less hassle than renting or getting on a bus, about the same price or less, depending on the size of the group.

Archived