Chocolate Journey

Damikaan

It's been a while since I've been on a Princess Cruise. One of my favorite things on Princess was the Normal Love Chocolate Journey desserts. I know they aren't affiliated with Normal Love anymore, and they don't label the desserts as a Chocolate Journey on the current menus.  I have seen they still have the hazelnut dessert and the pistachio dome. Does anyone know the names of any others that are still offered? I don't want to miss any on my upcoming cruise on the Ruby. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the Sapphire (12/19-1/4) and I think they labeled the desserts you are thinking of as 'Chocolate Journey' just no reference to Norman Love.   They were easy to spot on the menu as they typically had a blue box or other identifier with them.  Although I almost always ordered the highlighted dessert, I don't recall if the hazelnut/pistachio was on the menu.  Overall, chocolate was well represented each night and I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on Caribbean Princess on the holiday sailing 12/18-28.  Menus were a mix of old styles and new styles.  On our 10 day we only had 2 desserts that I recognized from the chocolate journeys.  The Hazlenut bar was not not listed or marked as anything special.  The coconut mousse one appeared on an older style menu and had a small black heart with the seawitch logo in it next to it, but was not otherwise marked as anything special.  The days that had the newer style menus usually did not show the always available choices (although you could always order them) but had the dessert menu printed after the entrees so there was not a separate dessert menu.  Many of the desserts were new, there were more colorful dome desserts that reminded me of the Norman Love desserts.  Actually the new dessert choices were better then they used to be (although I missed my burnt rhubarb napoleon with that nectarine ice cream!)

• Like 1