HAL Zaandam January 21, 2023 Panama Canal, San Diego to Fort Lauderdale

ChicagoRunGuys

Booked on this with a friend… wanted to do a solo trip,  it just could not afford the supplement.

She and I went to university together 25 years ago (gasp!) and did a bit of travelling during and soon after school.

Really looking forward to the relaxation.  Never done the spa on one of their smaller ships… will have to do a spa tour on the first day to get the lay of the land.  Really enjoy the free sauna on the Kongingsdam with the big picture window overlooking the ocean.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Djb4CC said:

Booked on this with a friend… wanted to do a solo trip,  it just could not afford the supplement.

She and I went to university together 25 years ago (gasp!) and did a bit of travelling during and soon after school.

Really looking forward to the relaxation.  Never done the spa on one of their smaller ships… will have to do a spa tour on the first day to get the lay of the land.  Really enjoy the free sauna on the Kongingsdam with the big picture window overlooking the ocean.

We were just on the Konigsdam and I missed finding the free sauna. My loss. Since this trip is more relaxation (I am not excited about any of the shore excursions) will definitely check out the spa. I am ready to go!

Well according to the spreadsheet of saunas and steam rooms on cruise ships (which you can access from the below message and discussions), the Zaamdam does not seem to list any free sauna or steam room information at all… does not bode well for some kickback, relax, and chat time.

Oh well, I am sure I will find something to keep me occupied, will just have to look harder for opportunities.

• Like 1