RAVES for Capt. Marvins (review)

kmtjones803

We did the 3 stop snorkel trip and everything went perfectly smooth. The coral and reefs were beautiful. There were about 20 people on our boat, and it was great. Especially when we saw the other boat jam packed iwth people who booked through Carnival.

The crew dove down with us at the 2 regular snorkeling stops. They lured out 2 moray eels and a shark. It was amazing to see!!! I can't wait to get my underwater camera developed.

The sandbar for me was slightly disappointing. We were one of the later boats to get there, and the rays weren't as hungry. We saw maybe 10 total compared to the hundreds that swarmed the earlier boats. We got to hold/pet/kiss the Rays, who were soooooo tame! We had a 16 month old baby with us who sat in a floatie. She touched the rays as well and laughed so hard when the crew showed us the mouth( they spit water-watch out! lol)

I can't get over the water here either. It was such a clear blue. When you were underwater, it was as if you were floating on air!!! So clear!!!

When we boarded the boat, the crew did several head counts. Once I was changing in the bathroom, and the crew did know and asked if I was there. No one was left behind at any of the 3 stops.

All in all, I would highly suggest Capt. Marvins. Why pay double thru the ship for half of the attention??? Why pay double to be on a boat with hundreds of people when you could relax and get to know a small group fo about 20 people!?

I would definatly book with them again should we ever travel to GC again!

Miranda

Guest dirtdiva

DH and I will be on the Conquest in May. From reading these boards, my understanding is that Conquest will stay on CST and will not change. I also understand that GC is on EST. My concern is making the first excursion on time. I will probably book the second one, but didn't know if we'd miss out on a number of stingrays if we went later. I emailed Captain Marvin's to confirm what time the short stingray trip started; Ruth's response is listed below. Please let me know if the ship ever changed its time. Thanks for the great reviews.

On our map, we are located in the Waterfront Centre, 2 blocks north of the cruise ship terminals. The Conquest's tenders usually go to the north terminal, but the 2 terminals are only about a minute's walk from each other, so it won't make a big difference as to your walking time. The Conquest has always changed its time to local time, so you won't have to worry about a time difference. Thanks--

Ruth

We used CM's during our first trip to GC and had a ball. That time we were on a cruise, and did the short trip. This last time we did the 3-stop trip and really enjoyed the longer trip. I wanted to do the ship wreck snorkle, but for some reason, we never got around to doing it the week we were there. We're going again this winter, and we again will use CM's. Really nice folks, and we had a really good time with them! :)

Archived