11:00am flight out of New Orleans... getting to the airport

rjm11

Hello- we will be on the NCL Breakaway in April with an 11:00am flight out of MSY. We have suite privileges and TSA precheck if that helps... but are looking for recommendations on getting to the airport from the cruise port in a speedy way. Is it best to reserve a transfer somehow? Or just get a taxi at the port? How easy is it to get a taxi if we get off the ship early (aiming for 8:00am or so)?

We had a similar issue a few years back in Miami. Booked the NCL airport shuttle & after waiting for 45 minutes in the hot sun, we hailed a cab instead. The bus was there but they didn’t have a driver!?!? NCL refunded our shuttle cost. We’re trying the shuttle again in February for a 12:30 flight out of MSY. I’ll report back here after the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend a taxi over an Uber or Lyft.  Taxis will be readily available.  I remember waiting for an Uber in 2020 when I returned on the Getaway.  My only big concern would be if there were a major event - like a parade.  The big concern for April would be the Crescent City Classic - a major 10K race that goes right by the port.  It is Saturday, 4/8/23 (always the day before Easter), but you are on the Breakaway and that disembarks on a Sunday.