San Juan - which port?

Denise and Paul

I am going to be on the Valiant January 28, and she stops in San Juan on the 31st.  I cannot seem to find a calendar anywhere that will tell me whether Virgin stops in Old San Juan or Pan American cruise port - makes a big difference on booking off-cruise line excursions.

Thanks for any assist!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Denise and Paul said:

I am going to be on the Valiant January 28, and she stops in San Juan on the 31st.  I cannot seem to find a calendar anywhere that will tell me whether Virgin stops in Old San Juan or Pan American cruise port - makes a big difference on booking off-cruise line excursions.

Thanks for any assist!

As far as I know, all of the ships have been coming into the Old San Juan area. Cruise Timetables doesn't make a distinction and shows four ships in that day. Carnival Mardi Gras, Carnival Spirit, Valiant Lady and the Viking Sea. If anything, it's possible the Viking Sea might choose the alternative port because she's a small ship. I would expect Valiant to come in to Old San Juan based on the image of her in Port recently. That's definitely the Old San Juan pier area, we docked on Mardi Gras there last March. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 12:35 PM, WheresWalter said:

As far as I know, all of the ships have been coming into the Old San Juan area. Cruise Timetables doesn't make a distinction and shows four ships in that day. Carnival Mardi Gras, Carnival Spirit, Valiant Lady and the Viking Sea. If anything, it's possible the Viking Sea might choose the alternative port because she's a small ship. I would expect Valiant to come in to Old San Juan based on the image of her in Port recently. That's definitely the Old San Juan pier area, we docked on Mardi Gras there last March. 

image.jpeg

Thanks so much!  Thats helpful!