back from the worse cruise ever!!!

tjsharktank

I don't think anything could have been done that the OP would have been happy about. By some of the words he used ie. HATRED. I think he is a very un-happy individual and the Carnival crew could have served him drinks standing on their heads singing a ballad and he still wouldn't be happy. I am sorry he feels like he had a bad cruise, but anger is no way to behave in this society. An old saying comes to mind in this situation...

You can catch more bee's with honey than vinegar. If the OP really had serious complaints, he should have confronted the situation in an adult manner, not with a temper tantrum like a 3 year old. I mean geez, he was lucky enough to go on a vacation that most people only dream about. Maybe next time he might want to look into an all inclusive resort.

IMO, of course ;)

I just remembered when I did the dolphin encounter, we only had 1 dolphin also. Man I want to get onboard the ship and make a complaint.

call the airlines, get me a ticket I need to get to the nearest port for any carnival ship, I need to complain.

Ok guys. Host Randy told us to play nice today.

In defense of the OP, according to statements on other threads, this was the OP's first cruise. They obviously picked the wrong product despite their research. They are probably embarassed, because they had all these expectations and Mom and Dad were there and someone misplaced a starfish.

Let's wish them well! Hopefully, they will stop enough people from sailing with Carnival with their rants and raves all over the world, so that Carnival ships won't be filled to the brim and they will re-establish my Interline discount!!!

If the OP is getting on our nerves, can you imagine how much fun he was to be around at all those excursions that were not meeting his expectations?

Consider us lucky!!

I feel sorry for the dolphin!!! Can you imagine the ppor thing with all those humans groping him and no one else to work the shift with!!!:eek:

If people knew the reailty of the Dolphin "business," very few people would actually do the Dolphin encounters.. at least I would hope not..

I've found that 90% of the time, throwing a tantrum gets you nowhere. 90% of the time yelling at someone gets poor results (unless you are their boss)

Exactly...and I invite you all to review the OP's original post... I've worked as an Operations Manager for a large investment company (Fidelity) and if I dare yell at my people that worked under me would prove nothing more than that I was trying to be superior and it would cause them to lash out at me. If the OP was one of my employees...we'd have a LONG talk in my office and I'd try to rectify the situation. But it seems to me that the OP is a "complainer".....and someone who would clearly be defined as such in the corporate world right off the bat. This person would probably (most likely) be laid off and collecting unemployment because the coffee in the employee lounge made him/her sick...blah blah blah...been there dealt with those people.

To those who get all tied up in knots over petty things and can't find something good - please, increase the fiber in your diet in the future. I know that isn't an immediate cure to your worries right now, so take 2 Ex-Lax and a ***** - you won't get off the pot any time soon, but you'll be happy about it. :p

I just had to laugh my A$$ off at that one!!!!!

I don't think anything could have been done that the OP would have been happy about. By some of the words he used ie. HATRED. I think he is a very un-happy individual and the Carnival crew could have served him drinks standing on their heads singing a ballad and he still wouldn't be happy. I am sorry he feels like he had a bad cruise, but anger is no way to behave in this society. An old saying comes to mind in this situation...

You can catch more bee's with honey than vinegar. If the OP really had serious complaints, he should have confronted the situation in an adult manner, not with a temper tantrum like a 3 year old. I mean geez, he was lucky enough to go on a vacation that most people only dream about. Maybe next time he might want to look into an all inclusive resort.

IMO, of course ;)

Rena...as a parent, the word that is forbidden in my house is "hate". My kids try to say...."oh I hate you," "no, I hate you more".......

ENOUGH! "Hate" is a very strong word that I forbid my kids to say.

That's something else the OP said so leisurely....HATE!

How can you "hate" at CD that you've never met...or for ANY person for that matter that you've never met?!?!?!?!

I;m glad to hear someone knows what im talking about! Thanks.

I went back and read your posts before you cruised, and you commented several times that even the tour operators you talked with encouraged you to do the dolphin thing with Carnival. Are you mad at them too?

Somewhere there must have been some good on the cruise. And, those of us that have cruised a number of times aren't really buying the line about going to bed hungry. If anything, there are too many options for finding food anytime day or night. And it is good food, too.

Mark T

If the OP is getting on our nerves, can you imagine how much fun he was to be around at all those excursions that were not meeting his expectations?

Consider us lucky!!

WOOOO HOOOOOOOO counting my blessings he/she wasn't on my recent B2B on the Liberty!!! YAHHHHHH!!!!!

Well at least here is some good news. I understand that a pier is being constructed in Grand Caymen. That should help a lot. I loved Grand Caymen. To me, it was worth the wait!

REALLY? I've heard this but I wasn't sure if I was losing my mind. Do you have any further information on it? Namely, will it be done by the time we go in June :p

That would be so awesome, I DESPISE tendering and we have to tender at TWO of our ports, ugh.

BUT, you can be DARN sure that NOTHING will ruin my vacation!

I Was On The Victory From Jan 28th Till Feb 5th And It Was The Best Cruise Ever....... Dana Was Awesome Very Funny Guy... Can't Seem To Think He Was Starving And Yes You Have To Order Steak And Chicken Sandwiches At The Grill

Stacy, I readily agree with you. I do not allow my kids to say they hate anything....even broccoli! LOL

Really, on cruises my SIL Does not like the dining room food at all....she's more pizza and McDonald's and bar food (no disrespect to her), my DH and I love the food in the dining room we like more gourmet foods...Heck, I even liked the basil Ice cream and chilled avocado soup (I know):o.

Hey, it's a cruise sit back and relax and ENJOY!!!

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!!

(put a little vodka in that lemonade and you will most likely have a great time;) )

Wow...

I think this thread is growing faster than the one about leaving your kids alone with an older sibling to babysit in the cruise cabin at night!!!;)

Why would you all put so much effort into this person and her sad review??? :confused:

She/he sounds like a HAL cruiser...Let them have em'!

HAL will make sure they get at least 8 hours of sleep by tucking them in at 8pm, when everything shuts down......just so there won't be any over-dramatic tantrums the next day! Sounds like someone needs their beauty rest!:rolleyes:

I would hate to see what happens when something really "HORRIBLE" happens in this persons' life...like the loss of a child or breast cancer....or divorce....oh my...try to imagine keeping this person happy for 50 years of marital bliss!:eek:

Please....

...if they were so miserable they could have gotten off the boat...called Carnival on their Vacation Guarantee Plan and gone HOME!

End of story.

IMO, of course ;)

***claps***

I just remembered when I did the dolphin encounter, we only had 1 dolphin also. Man I want to get onboard the ship and make a complaint.

call the airlines, get me a ticket I need to get to the nearest port for any carnival ship, I need to complain.

You might get a free cruise....who knows...LMAO :D

ROFLMAO...right?!?!?!

I want you to know that not everyone that cruises on Carnival drinks! My family and I and our cousins all cruise Carnival and none of us drink! That is all 7 adults no drinking! We love Carnival and will be leaving on our 6th Carnival cruise on the Liberty on March 18th! We also will be on the Carnival Sensation in May, the Carnival Glory in July, and the Carnival Fantasy in December. We were just on the New Years sailing of the Fantasy. We are planning to book the Carnival Freedom, Valor and Fantasy for 2007! All Carnival and we have never had any of the problems that you describe! We always have a wonderful time, delicious food and way too much of it! The Pursurs desk has many times gone out of their way to help us even late at night the night before we arrived in Roatan to help us be able to take over 500 pounds of toys, clothes, etc. off the ship to an orphanage there. They worked with Honduras customs for us! They have also done anything else that we have ever asked. I am sorry that you did not like your cruise but apparently cruising is not for you. If you were hungry it is your own fault for being way to picky. Carnival Cruises are the ultimate vacation!!!

CARNIVAL FANTASY JUNE 2004

CARNIVAL FANTASY DECEMBER 2004

CARNIVAL VALOR MAY 2005

CARNIVAL GLORY JULY 2005

CARNIVAL FANTASY JAN 2006

CARNIVAL LIBERTY MARCH 2006 :D

CARNIVAL SENSATION MAY 2006

CARNIVAL GLORY JULY 2006

CARNIVAL FANTASY DECEMBER 2006

PLANNING FOR 2007

CARNIVAL VALOR

CARNIVAL FREEDOM

CARNIVAL FANTASY

Ok guys. Host Randy told us to play nice today.

In defense of the OP, according to statements on other threads, this was the OP's first cruise. They obviously picked the wrong product despite their research. They are probably embarassed, because they had all these expectations and Mom and Dad were there and someone misplaced a starfish.

Let's wish them well! Hopefully, they will stop enough people from sailing with Carnival with their rants and raves all over the world, so that Carnival ships won't be filled to the brim and they will re-establish my Interline discount!!!

LHP ~ You remind me of my best friend who babysits me when I'm drinking...I call her Mommy-Amanda...LMAO

Okay, I was on the same cruise and I have to add my 2 cents worth.

Food - Formal Dining was all I expected it to be. As I am a steak and potato's person, I decided to try every exotic item on the menu. AND like I learned... no where does it restrict you to one entrée. Be nice to your Head Waiter and he will even give you a little doggy bag to take back to your room. The Mediterranean dining lounge provided buffet meals that filled in nicely when you don't feel like dressing up. The Chinese place was only open once when I went by it, but the food from the deli was great. The Pizza at 3AM is not something I was looking forward too so I went with the Room Service and that kept me full.

Dana (Social Host) - Unbelievable. A great hoot and very informative.

Just curious to see that the reviewer missed out on some of Hollywood's shopping talks.

Excursions - Costa Maya .... I was one of the brave souls that went to the Kohunlich Mayan ruins and being a 2 hour bus ride we had to be one of the first off of the ship. I was disappointed that they had said that they would announce WHEN to start making your way to the gangway but never did. Otherwise, no problems at all.

Grand Caymans - Because the GF wanted to get some shopping done, we just settled for the 2 hour island tour with a stop in Hell and the Turtle Farm. With 5 cruises ships in port, the place was very crowded and could have used a bit more organization to handle such large crowds.

Ocho Rios - Had only goal for this port.... Jimmy Buffets Margarita-ville. So we left the ship 2 hours after most people had gone on their excursions and it was so quiet and peaceful as we strolled hand in hand to Island Village. (Had to stagger back after too many Margarita's and Cheeseburgers... hee hee)

My room was one above the Adriatic Lounge so every night we got serenade by bad singing during Karaoke night. Or could it be the 5 busloads of fellow Canadians that were doing the singing?

It was my first cruise and I am hooked. No matter how bad things could have gotten... it was the experience of the lifetime for me and I will always remember it.

I say quit looking at the bad and look at all the behind the scenes hard work that went into getting everything ready. Remember, the ship just pulled into port in the morning and by the time you boarded everything had to be refreshed and renewed for you.

Was it really all that bad?

Stacy, I readily agree with you. I do not allow my kids to say they hate anything....even broccoli! LOL

Really, on cruises my SIL Does not like the dining room food at all....she's more pizza and McDonald's and bar food (no disrespect to her), my DH and I love the food in the dining room we like more gourmet foods...Heck, I even liked the basil Ice cream and chilled avocado soup (I know):o.

Hey, it's a cruise sit back and relax and ENJOY!!!

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!!

(put a little vodka in that lemonade and you will most likely have a great time;) )

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I kind of feel sorry for the OP parents. I hope they were 'allowed' to have a enjoy their cruise.

You know, the more I think about it, this post has all the trappings of a 13 year old writing it. It just couldn't come from an adult. At least, I pray it didn't. Either way, someone that angry needs counseling before they hurt themselves or somebody else.

Mark T

Whoa....as one that works in a highly volatile service industry and handles complaint calls all day this just cracks me up. The second someone has a "fit" they just lose all chances with me to go out of my way. If someone is calm and can explain what they have an issue with I will bend over backwards to do whatever I can to help them.

Having a bad cruise over saved lounge chairs, a spilled drink etc....unbelievable! Life is what you make of it and this OP is doomed to be unhappy for the rest of their life if they do not learn now how to let the little things roll off their back. I know people like this and they sit and wonder why they are so miserable.

I talked to someone today who watched their 6 year old kid get hit by a car....that is something that matters. This stuff ??? Get over yourself...worry about things that matter.

Archived