back from the worse cruise ever!!!

tjsharktank

I thought the same thing! (a "she", not a "he"). I think this sounded like female whining ... (sorry to generalize!)

See and I thought this to be a younger male around 22 or so....the testosterone going wild and the world owing everything type... but thats just my take.

OK I decided to go back to the beginning. I just reread the original post. Hubby came home and I was reading it to him.

1. The Cruise Director made a promise to get the people off who had excursions with early tenders. That means the people who book thru Carnival. I think the OP did not truely listen when this promise was made.

2. his complaints about being late for his excursion to the Pursers desk did fall on deaf ears, yes the excursion was not a carnival excursion. I remember reading much about the chances you take when booking your own.

3. As far as the second complaint to the excusrion desk, they did do something they refunded 10%, sounds pretty good to me. As far as not knowing the bus number??? I have a hard time believing they did not know the number as I remember we were reminded of the bus number every time we get off the bus, to make sure you get back on the right one.

4. getting a drink spilled on you, gee that is something that can happen any where. Bars, resteraunts, pools, anywhere.

Just making an observation here......Did anyone else notice that the OP's posting history?? :confused: As of the time of this post there are 13 posts from this person with 6 of them on this particular thread.

I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone pulled the "this person has only posted x times" card.

I've been on Carnival twice and while I can't see "starving", the food on our second cruise was by far lower quality than the first cruise. I don't currently have any future cruises booked, but I don't forsee cruising with Carnival again. Prices are usually the cheapest and there is a reason.

Basically I threw a fit and finally got him to say he’d look into it further. .

I bet you throw a lot of fits, from the sound of your "review". I also bet Mommy and Daddy paid for your cruise, and that you're probably about 19 or 20 and trying to play "grown-up". :D

Well I am sorry that you had a terrible time on your crusie! Carnival has always done us right and I think the food is 100xs better then all the other cruise lines we have sailed (even Celebrity). The service has also always been wonderful! Again I have to say that I am sorry about your terrible time, but we will continue to sail Carnival and I will tell the word on how wonderful they are to us on our cruises with them!

Sorry to hear of a bad time on a cruise. The 1st cruise I ever went on was on the Carnival Fantasy, it was a new ship at the time (1990), and the meals, buffets, etc. were fabulous; you just didn't know what to eat first--there was so much food---evrywhere. The service felt like you were royalty, and a great time was had by all. I hope cruising is not going 'downhill' after all these years, as we are going on the RC Mariner in Oct. and I do expect to have a great time, but then just being there is a good time. We make 'our times' what they are. denise

I guess I'm not really seeing any "horror" but, then again, I tend not to sweat the small stuff. I'm really sorry that is your feeling about your cruise - how disappointing.

It seems to me that much of what infuriated you are things that are pretty basic to cruising and generally well known in these parts. I'm suspect that either your research just wasn't thorough enough, leading to your expectations being higher than they should have been, or that cruise vacations simply may not be for you.

I hope your next vacation is better.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't imagine being emotional enough about the Cruise Director to "hate" him. Some are better than others, our first cruise was with John Heald, and I know some love him, some don't. :confused:

We did an excursion with Captain Marvins in GC and they are well aware of what time the ship docks and appear to allow plenty of time for everyone to get to shore on the tenders.

"Starving" on a cruise ship???....nah, don't buy it! Whine, whine, whine!:(

I am sorry your trip was not great. I have been on 24 cruises... some were absolutely perfect, others not... in fact one was a disaster, but we are on vacation and make the best of it... hey I am still waiting for my lemon and parmesan cheese, but I didn't let it ruin my vacation and I still cruise that line (although I do believe I swore I wouldn't when I got off!). There are good cruises and there are bad cruises and sometimes it's just a ship within a cruise line... but there are good and bad land vacations too. Sometimes expectations aren't met, but I can tell you if you write to CCL customer relations they usually do respond; I can't say the same about all the other cruise lines. I agree the Purser's Desk is a trying place and it shouldn't be! We all need to bring that to cruise lines attention more! Also you really can't sterotype CCL as a drinker's / partiercruise line based on your one experience; otherwise I would have to say RCCL is full of young kids and 18 year old drunks based on my one spring break cruise on them... but they aren't! Good luck on your next cruise vacation on whatever line it may be!

Write a letter directly to Bob... dont know his last name. Seriously, write without exxaggeration exactly what went wrong, bad and everything in between. They should give you a free cruise or one huuuuge discount.

Try CCL one more time if they give you a great deal or a free cruise, if it fails again, don't ever do it again. Was this your first cruise?

WOW!!!!! I need to know how on other vacations "tjsharktank" rated them!

This almost sounds unbelievable. I have been reading these posts for a long time and this has to top the list of complaints!!!! As I have read many times..... "Go with the flow" a vacation is what you make of it!!!! :)

Write a letter directly to Bob... dont know his last name. Seriously, write without exxaggeration exactly what went wrong, bad and everything in between. They should give you a free cruise or one huuuuge discount.

Try CCL one more time if they give you a great deal or a free cruise, if it fails again, don't ever do it again. Was this your first cruise?

Hey, Jtd: Yes, this was her first cruise. Where are my coupons? LOL

I thought I made some might good offers!

My guess is that she is young (under 30) and a bit spoiled.

On another thread discussing THIS thread some said the OP profile had their age at 87. And didn't I read that the OP's father was with them. How old is he.:confused:

On another thread discussing THIS thread some said the OP profile had their age at 87. And didn't I read that the OP's father was with them. How old is he.:confused:

That is obviously an error on the profile, because the OP talked about Mom and Dad being along...as well as the SO.

Anyone want to start placing bets on whether or not tjsharktank EVER comes back...???

Hey tj...I'll bet you're just sitting there having a good ol' laugh at how you have gotten 10 pages out of your post already!! Wow! Good for you!! We haven't had anything really good and contraversial in a "little while" - thanks for the fun!!

:p

An 87 yo with a SO? WOW good for him/her:eek:. hope the pace maker batteries were installed correctly and the rx for ***** was up-to-date.......

As sad it is, there are people out there like this. I can think of someone (no one from this board) that could have easily written this post. However, her reason is medical. She is bi-polar. We need to remember that something like that "could be" .... (I'm not saying it is) but "could be" the case. I hope not. I hope it is just a case of some immature spoiled kid cruising on Mommy and Daddy's money and "throwing a fit" , because that is what they do best. Immaturity they will outgrow (hopefully). The other disorder is a lot harder to diagnose much less treat. Sorry, didn't mean to bring the board down....this just reminded me so much of her and it makes my heart a little sad.

Anyone want to start placing bets on whether or not tjsharktank EVER comes back...???

Hey tj...I'll bet you're just sitting there having a good ol' laugh at how you have gotten 10 pages out of your post already!! Wow! Good for you!! We haven't had anything really good and contraversial in a "little while" - thanks for the fun!!

:p

hmmmmm, I think not, but it gives us something to talk about:D

As sad it is, there are people out there like this. I can think of someone (no one from this board) that could have easily written this post. However, her reason is medical. She is bi-polar. We need to remember that something like that "could be" .... (I'm not saying it is) but "could be" the case. I hope not. I hope it is just a case of some immature spoiled kid cruising on Mommy and Daddy's money and "throwing a fit" , because that is what they do best. Immaturity they will outgrow (hopefully). The other disorder is a lot harder to diagnose much less treat. Sorry, didn't mean to bring the board down....this just reminded me so much of her and it makes my heart a little sad.

applauding LHP:D Bravo(clap clap clap):p

The main entrees usually included one beef product. SO and I ordered the prime rib (although it wasn’t called “prime rib” both nights because everything else on the menu sounded unappealing.

If it wasn't called prime rib on the menu, than it wasn't prime rib. You get what you order and you didn t order prime rib.

The salads were very small.

Than why didn't you order 2 salads.

We decided to try the “alternative” dining option on the 3rd day and we were shocked to see the EXACT same food on the “alternative” buffet.

I didn't know the buffet was called “alternative” dining.

During Dana’s (the cruise director) travel talk about grand cayman, he instructed everyone with an excursion before 10am to meet in the Caribbean lounge. He “PROMISED” that we would be on the first tender boats off the ship so that we were on time.

If you did research your cruise than you would know that the people that book from the ship leave first. It's like that on all cruise lines.

. I complained to the pursers desk when I got back on the ship and found that the pursers desk doesn’t give a **** about anything.

Why should they care, they didn't book you. You booked on your own.

LIDO DECK: 1/4 of the chairs on the decks were “saved” by beach towels which is against carnival’s policy.

The biggest complaint on ALL cruise lines are about chair hogs.

We all complain about some things but you complained about everything. Not sure I believe all of your post.

If people knew the reailty of the Dolphin "business," very few people would actually do the Dolphin encounters.. at least I would hope not..

I agree. We were on the beach in Costa Maya last month and saw the dolphin "cage" that they were using for the excursions. It was extended out off the pier and was a large screened in square. Horrible.

Last year in Roatan, we did a dolphin encounter (not a swim and pull, just a kiss and learning experience). The dolphins literally had their own cove and a fence low enough so they could safely jump it if they chose too. We were put in groups of 4 with one dolphin and one trainer and learned about the dolphins, their names, how long they had been there, etc. Our dolphin chose to go off and play a few times and the trainer said we'd just have to wait and see if he decided to come back and participate. She said the dolphins were never forced to do anything. I was very impressed with their attitude and respect for the dolphins.

Archived