Carnival ever late for own excursions?

Tiger Shark

DH and I have booked an excursion through Carnival for our upcoming 1st cruise. The excursion is scheduled to start at 8:30, but the ship docks at 8:00. If this excursion has non-Carnival tourists as well, will they hold it for us? Or will there only be Carnival guests on this tour?

...and yes, they have been late, sometimes they miss the excursion all together, sometimes they miss the port all together. Best not to get yourself wound up around worrying about it.

...and yes, they have been late, sometimes they miss the excursion all together, sometimes they miss the port all together. Best not to get yourself wound up around worrying about it.

mrdood: Host Randy told us to behave ourselves today..now behave!!

To answer the OP, you will be fine. There won't be anyone on your cruise except for those who booked through Carnival like you did. There may be some time adjustments (since cruising is an inexact science - things do happen)..but nothing for you to worry about. If we had some more info on the ship and excursion you are planning, perhaps you can get feedback from folks who have actually done it.

The short answer is,if the ship is late for a Carnval tour, the tours will definitely wait. Depending on how late will determine if they do a full tour or maybe cut it short. If it is very late and they can't do the tour they will refund your money or offer you a different shorter tour.

Also if you are one a Carnival tour and the tour runs late the boat will wait for you.

We have had too many close calls on different islands ( most due to political problems on the islands) that we only go on ship's excursions unless it is a really easy place like Grand cayman, St thomas, etc.

Btw I have been on that tour with Princess and it was wonderful.!You will quickly see that your ship is the tallest thing on the island

We just booked our ninth cruise and we have never missed or changed ports or have we ever had a tour cancelled for being late. The only time we had one cancelled was a landslide had closed the one and only road to get to the tour site ( I actually don't even remember where we supposed to go). The announced the cancellation in the morning and someone setup with a clipboard to give you availability of other tours and put us on one. The new tour was actually more expensive but they didn't charge us for the difference.

My family and I were on the Elation to Belize, Progreso and Cozumel last year. We had booked an excursion through Carnival's web site about a month before our cruise. When we arrived in Cozumel, the disembarking began. However, before we could get off (and we got in line early), Carnival closed the gangway and said that it would be about 30 minutes because another ship was docking and they could not allow us to get off of the ship because it was too dangerous. After a good 30 minutes, people started to get really mad. I didn't - figured the tour would wait for us since we had booked it through Carnival and it wasn't Carnival's fault that another ship was late in docking. I guess it was actually closer to an hour (maybe 45 minutes) that we finally were able to get off of the ship. Well, guess what?? Yep, the tour we had booked had left us! However, the very nice people on the pier - same tour company - put us on another excursion that was worth more that the one that we had booked. To make a long story short, I have had first-hand experience that the tours will NOT wait for you. We had a fabulous time and I was not upset about the whole tour thing since we did get to do a tour, just wanted to let everyone know that it does happen!

mrdood: Host Randy told us to behave ourselves today..now behave!!

I was behaving! I was being very sincere, docking or tendering a ship is current, wind, weather dependent - January was a very bad month for the ships not even hitting their ports...

I was behaving! I was being very sincere, docking or tendering a ship is current, wind, weather dependent - January was a very bad month for the ships not even hitting their ports...

Sorry, I thought you were listing only worse case scenerios to be sarcastic.

But then, I should have known you wouldn't do that! LOL

I am sure Host Randy thanks us for behavin' yesterday! ; )

Good job!!

Ok, so I guess things could go either way. As long as we're not out the money we paid for the excursion if we miss it, I won't be upset. A little disappointed, sure, but DH and I can find other fun stuff to do. We won't be pouty. :)

But this brings up another question. Since our cruise is mid-March, docking in Nassau, is the weather likely to be bad? Or will it be much improved from Jan. when docking was so difficult?

DH and I have booked an excursion through Carnival for our upcoming 1st cruise. The excursion is scheduled to start at 8:30, but the ship docks at 8:00. If this excursion has non-Carnival tourists as well, will they hold it for us? Or will there only be Carnival guests on this tour?

No such thing as non-carnival folks on a Carnival tour

Archived