Question For Travelworks!

shannonwood

Since your info has been SO helpful, I have one last question for you...well, hopefully it's my last! I've read your postings about Goff's Caye and it sounds lovely, BUT...I'm not sure that I want to go through the trouble of finding a private tour company to go there. You see, RCCL doesn't list it on their excursion list. I'm not one that normally books through the cruise line...in fact I only did that once (on my first cruise), and never since. However, due to the fact that Belize doesn't seem to have as many tour operators (at least this is how it seems on what I've read here on the boards) and I also keep reading that the private companies want larger groups. Since it will just be hubby and me, that's not an option. I don't want to take the chance of getting off the ship and dealing with finding someone, and then having to wait until they "fill their quota" for minimum # of people. I'm tempted to just book an excursion thru the ship and I'd like your opinion on which one. I've seen your shots of both, and read threads that talked about both. But I'd like you to tell me which you think would be better:

Barrier reef snorkel tour to Turneffe Atoll and then beach break (at I think Bannister Island, but not sure as they don't list the island's name)

Catamarn snorkel tour to Rendezvous Caye

I'm anxious to know which one you think would be more enjoyable. Keep in mind we're avid snorkelers and strong swimmers, so being in the water for extended periods of time is ok with us.

Thank so much for you help!

Shannon

Archived