When do Viking confirm hotels for extensions?

Siammau

Hoping to get other's experience here. We are on our first Viking Ocean cruise in July this year. We have decided to also do pre and post extensions. Having looked at our Viking invoices, they have changed the hotels multiple times. As we are traveling from Australia to Europe for this, I wanted to book the pre hotel for a few extra days. As they keep changing the hotel, what have been your experiences with hotel confirmation? Is it days/weeks/months before the cruise?  Our local Viking office cannot tell me anything other than you will know before the cruise. 

Thanks , in advance. 

9 hours ago, Siammau said:

Hoping to get other's experience here. We are on our first Viking Ocean cruise in July this year. We have decided to also do pre and post extensions. Having looked at our Viking invoices, they have changed the hotels multiple times. As we are traveling from Australia to Europe for this, I wanted to book the pre hotel for a few extra days. As they keep changing the hotel, what have been your experiences with hotel confirmation? Is it days/weeks/months before the cruise?  Our local Viking office cannot tell me anything other than you will know before the cruise. 

Thanks , in advance. 

On our Viking pre we received final details about hotel and included excursion about a month before.  

We typically don't see our final documents much earlier than 2 weeks out. As we have now heard through the grapevine that our pre-cruise extension hotel was charged last week, 3 weeks out (01/29), it sadly reaffirms that you can't be sure until you get your final documents. I suspect this problem is just another to add to the pile of things that are now suffering post covid. Sad! 😔 

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I'm now convinced the local office is correct in that they don't really know for sure, and we won't get alot of time for planning. 

Edited by Siammau