Ft Lauderdale Hotels & Transfers

We are looking into flying into Ft Lauderdale instead of Miami because the cost is less. Does any one have any suggestions for hotels and the cost of transfers to the Miami port? We will be flying in the day before and probably getting in early afternoon. We would like a hotel by the beach or some other entertainment within walking distance for the night before. Thanks!

We just flew from Boston to FLL as the cost was cheaper and the airport is nicer as well- not as crazy as mia - If you have money to burn stay at the Ft. Lauderdale Harbor Beach Marriott it's great but pricey. I just stayed at the Sheraton Bal Harbour which is between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami and it is less pricey but still not cheap. Great beach and pool, walking distance to a great little Italian restaurant and across from great shops at the Bal Harbour Mall - We also just atayed at the Hollywood Marriott and the best bet price wise as well.

Have fun!:)

We used Tri-County transportation (www.floridalimo.com). They picked us up at our hotel and delivered us to the ship. The cost for four of us was $64 + Tip. They pick you up in a town car. You can also arrange for them to pick you up at the cruise terminal and return you to FLL. The cost for the return is $84. I believe the cost difference is due to their need to build in some wait time for the driver.

We stayed at the LaQuinta by the Oakwood mall. Nothing nearby to do but a clean nice hotel. If we had a choice we would have styed closer to the beach but we were traveling during February break and everything was sold out.

Have a great trip.

Take taxi's everywhere and ask the price prior - to Harbour Beach (worth the money in my mind) it is $10 - $15 car ride. To Sheraton Bal Harbour is is $50 cab ride but closer to Mia for the cruise. To get a car is nicer but costs more as well. You don't need to rent a car. A pain and parking costs are $20 a night!

Have Fun!

I am renting a mini van in MIA and FLL one way each way from National. Cost after all taxes is $30 each rental.

Seats seven. No drop off fee from one airport to the other. I am also hoping that National will have a shuttle to/from the Fort Lauderdale Port.

Hopefully no taxi fare to and from the ship this way.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Evil :)

Archived