Please give input-excursions to Calica on Carnival

famtrav

We are going to Calica/Playa del Carmen. The boat will be there about 8 1/2 hours, although I am not one to cut it close. We were looking at maybe Tulum, says about 5 hours duration. We also looked at Snuba. Never have done that. There was one that looked neat, the caverns and beach by bus. Anyway, please let us know if you have done any of these, or if you had a great excursion you would recommend. :rolleyes:

One time when it was just DH and I , we went on the beach break excursion. it was nice and relaxing and then after the liquor kicked in, well then it was fun. We had gone in Feb, so they didn't have a large group at the beach. it was very low keyed, no hype. Only one couple played volley ball. They had kayaks , but the water was too rough you couldn't paddle out. But it was fun.

When we went with the family we took taxis to the public beach. They have shopping in this area. We shopped and then went to the beach. They have table and chairs that the bars let you use if you buy drinks. This was nice also.

It is a beautiful beach. I enjoy just sitting there watching the waves.

Hope you enjoy

Well, in the first place, Calica is only a docking spot. Calica itself is simply a working rock quarry, with lots of cabs and busses to get you outta there. Some folks take excursions to the ruins; many others take a cab ($10 per cab, not per person) the 10 minute ride into Playa del Carmen....which is the real tourist area. PdC has a nice public beach, many stores, and good restaurants on Avenue 5. That's about it. My first two cruises there, I went into PdC. My last cruise there, I stayed on the ship.;)

Archived