Embarkation and Barbados Taxis?

fudge

Hi everyone.

I have two questions you seasoned sailors may be able to answer?

We sail out of Barbados on the 4th February, I have looked but cannot find our boarding passes? Can somebody please point me in the right direction.

Apart from the obvious passports and Covid forms what else might we need?

Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonable taxi service form the airport to the cruise terminal, I am being quoted 80 us dollars, which seems a lot to me, certainly a lot more than two years ago, thanks in advance.

Re taxi, don't prebook. After customs you exit the airport and you will find a taxi dispatcher.  Quicker and cheaper than pre-booking. Tell him where you want to go. He will call up a taxi ( there are always plenty) and give you a slip of paper with the price and a copy to the driver. The price is a set rate and will be in bds$. Prices have recently increased but I would guess the price will be around bds$80/90. The driver will accept US$ on a 2 to 1 basis so if bds$80 your fare will be US$40 plus a tip. The actual rate is 1.98 to 2 so factor that in when tipping. Make sure you have 20/10$ bills as if you hand over US$100 dollar bill you will might get change in bds$ which I assume you wont want. If your trip ends in Barbados you will have to negotiate a fare back to airport at the rank as the regulated fare is only from the airport. As such prepare to pay more for the return and make sure you know which currency you are discussing.  

You can find your boarding passes in two places:

1.  On the Seabourn website, go to guest registration for your specific cruise.  Find the documents tab and click on print final documents.  One of the pages is a boarding pass.

2.  On the Seabourn app, click on Account on the bottom of the home page and one of the options is wallet.  Your boarding g passes will be in there if you are within 14 days of sailing.

We did 4 cruises last year and never needed our boarding passes because the first thing they did was reprint everyone’s passes prior to actual check in.