Miami Hotels

I know this has been covered a MILLION times... but anyone here stay at the Sonesta Beach Resort Key Biscayne?

I used to live in South Beach, and while I'd like to stay there, I worried about the whole party scene. Want to stay on the beach. Currently I have the Sonesta booked and just wonder if anyone has had good (or bad) experiences there.

No, but I did stay at the holiday inn resort/beachfront hotel on south beach. They also have a pool with an outdoor bar and a resturant on the premises. Far enough away from the party scene, but you are literally on the beach. It was also the only one in that area for free parking at their hotel. I got 3 rooms there last year for 70.00 each on priceline.

Good luck.

I wish that one were available for the night I need. I used to live about 2 blocks from it.

Would you say priceline is a good thing to try? Every time I've tried Priceline I've gotten shot down! Even with the help of my boss (who travels 26 weeks a year using priceline), guess it's the times that I travel, and the places I travel to!

Beachlady, did you have a car by any chance? I looked at the Courtyard and it seems to be everything I was looking for, but the reviews are not so nice about the valet parking. It puts me on Miami Beach, but away from South Beach enough... AND it's about 1/2 the price of the Sonesta! I was also reading that some of the rooms are tiny, but since we're there for such a short time I don't think I will mind... AND it will prepare me for the PR cabin I'll be in the next day! LOL

We are staying at the Doubletree right next to the Marriott. The rooms are larger and the beds are SUPER comfortable. Down comforters and such, like the Westin HEavenly Bed. We actually got it for $130 a night through the cruise line. Which is A LOT cheaper than going directly through the hotel.

Erika

I did not have a car here. I don't think you need one, just take a cab. Ask for an ocean front room, they are small but recently renovated and very art deco. Nice enough pool and tiki bar that serves lunch and then a nice italian restaurant at the hotel that was very nice. Nice price and right on the beach and can use the great Miami Beach boardwalk. Have Fun!

Archived