Nassau & Half Moon Cay Excursion Recommendations

Caribbean Buckeye

We just booked a 4-night cruise in June aboard the Sensation. Should we stick to the Carnival hosted excursions or venture out on our own? The Carnival excursions seem expensive and don't include alchoholic beverages in most cases. Our last cruise (with Royal Caribbean) had better excursions which included drinks. Any suggestions for Nassau and Half Moon Cay?

This will be our first vacation since having our second (and final) child last year. We're in our mid-30's and aren't taking the kids. We love snorkeling, wave runners and are pretty active people. Of course, we know the adult beverages come after both of those activities.

Also, I've heard that the Sensation just finished Hurricane Duty and hasn't sailed since August 2005. They're next scheduled cruise date is April 20th and I'm wondering if I can find out whether they plan any major remodeling or cleaning during it's down time.

Thanks for your help everyone. I found this place yesterday and have been reading reviews and advice ever since!

:cool:

The Sensation starts cruising again March 27th. She is currently in Mobile for a period of renovations and a few new additions (mini-golf for one). We are confident she will emerge looking beautiful as she was before her hurricane duty. The early on cruisers have promised details!:D

Archived