Has anyone done a pre cruise stay in Marseille

GetMeToTheSpa

We are considering the World Europa in the fall and I’m  finding out that even though there is a connection flight into Marseille, it is going to be a lot cheaper than flying straight into Barcelona. so much so that I can probably afford the yacht club as a result. Go figure!  

So that stated, I need all the info on Marseille for a 1 night pre and post cruise stay. 

Where did you stay?

Proximity to cruise terminal?

Was there enough to do in the city? 

thank you!! 

We stayed for one night prior to our cruise last year after flying into Marseille. We pre booked the bus from airport to main station which was straightforward. We picked a hotel near to the station then the next morning booked an Uber to the port. Unfortunately Google maps didn't map it correctly and we nearly ended up on a ferry bound for Tunisia but we got there eventually! In hindsight would have been easier to get cab to port from station. 

We stayed one night pre cruise in Marseille Dec 31 - Jan 1.  Stayed at the only Marriott in town:  https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/mrsar-ac-hotel-marseille-prado-velodrome/overview/?scid=f2ae0541-1279-4f24-b197-a979c79310b0

Fine little hotel, but a decent distance from the port.  We arrived via train from Paris, and took an Uber to the hotel and to the port the next day, pretty easy.  

Use "MPCT - Marseille Provence Cruise Terminal" in the app to get to the right place.