First Name on MYJ

springtravel

49 minutes ago, springtravel said:

I just noticed that my first name is misspelled on MVJ.  Middle letter is left off.  I then went to my cruise contract and my first name is correct.  Is this something I did when I first booked the cruise?  Will it matter?

Speaking of spelling... you mean MVJ in your topic title, right?  🙂

• Haha 2

As long as your passport and ID are your actual name, and that matches your flight or cruise documents, you should be ok. Double check your guest information statement on MVJ, your invoice and any travel documents you’ve received.  Did you use a TA or do you have the name of your Viking booking agent? ( it’s in your invoice.) perhaps call for advice.

1 hour ago, springtravel said:

I just noticed that my first name is misspelled on MVJ.  Middle letter is left off.  I then went to my cruise contract and my first name is correct.  Is this something I did when I first booked the cruise?  Will it matter?

I would just call up Viking and have them fix it. You can do this over chat too. You wouldn’t want to be in some country where Viking uses your misspelled name in a port and the country says you can’t travel because all your travel docs don’t line up. It happens.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 3:29 PM, springtravel said:

I would be very careful with this situation.  Same thing happened to us with my husband’s name incorrect on MVJ.  Called Viking and the agent said he would  “fix it”.  When he did, it cancelled all of our flights so I had to call back to try to get them reinstated.  However, our return Business Class seats were no longer available and we ended up with much less desirable flights home.  That agent assured me that she would keep checking to see if inventory opened up on our original flights but I never heard from her again and within a few days, received notification that tickets had been issued.

• Like 2