Disembark before cruise ends

Jcweasel

Hi all. Thinking of taking cruise leaving from Haifa and ending early in turkey. I will be missing last 2 days which is sea day and then Haifa. Is this possible or will I have a hard time. I am not expecting any refunds for unused portions. I will be booking hotel for 3 nights and also return flight from turkey to u.s.a.  Thank you. (I am a u.s. citizen) msc hasn’t responded to 2 request as of yet for info.

A couple years ago we embarked in Kiel, Germany on a 7-nt MSC cruise and asked about disembarking early in Tallinn, Estonia. They allowed it. We had to sign a form at Reception about us voluntarily leaving the ship and acknowledging no refund. However, both Germany and Estonia are within the EU/Schengen  area so it was like getting on and off within the same country. Your situation with Israel and Turkey are completely different and I don't think you'll get an answer until you ask it onboard.

Last month we boarded a NCL ship in Panama City headed to San Diego. We wanted to get home early for Christmas and inquired about getting off in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Again, there was no problem. They already had a preprinted information sheet about how to do it including meeting with Mexican immigration officials on the ship early the morning of arrival in that port. We had to bring our luggage which was searched by a Customs official onboard.

Whether you can do it will depend on Turkey and whether the port has Customs/Immigration officials available. You might want to inquire to Turkey rather than to MSC.

Thank you for your kind info.  I have also noticed now that on the same itinerary with msc musica that they will also be starting the cruise and picking up passengers from Turkey now along with a couple of other ports on itinerary.  Would you know what website to use to contact Turkey in regards to my question? Thanks again

8 hours ago, Jcweasel said:

Thank you for your kind info.  I have also noticed now that on the same itinerary with msc musica that they will also be starting the cruise and picking up passengers from Turkey now along with a couple of other ports on itinerary.  Would you know what website to use to contact Turkey in regards to my question? Thanks again

No, I don't offhand. You can google various websites and view them to see if anyone has contact numbers. In the alternative, call the Turkish embassy in Washington DC.

MSC does a lot of cruises that allow passengers to board at ports along the way and do their 7 nights from that port. If your sailing allowed passengers to board in the place you're hoping to disembark from, then others will be getting off there too. In that case, it's almost a sure thing that you can get off there. But you'll have to ask at Reception during your cruise so they can approve it and close your onboard account on the correct date.