Anyone married on RCC Jewel of the seas

Hello every one just wondering if anyone has been married on or cruised on Jewel of the seas. I am plannining a wedding for next year and haven't seen much info on here about this ship. Any and all info as well as any pics would be greatly appreciated.

Samisgirl -

We were married onboard Jewel of the Seas on Feb 7, 2005. The wedding took place while in port at Key West, and we had 60 sailing guests attend. The ceremony and reception were both held in the Safari Club, which turned out to be a surprisingly elegant location. There is no chapel on the Jewel, but she is a gorgeous ship! So you'd have a hard time finding a place that couldn't make for a lovely ceremony and/or reception.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions, but in the meantime, here is a link to some photos.

http://community.webshots.com/album/458781538KsNxHt

dcdiva

Dc Diva Thank you so much for sharing your pics they are so pretty. I remebered seeing them before when I was looking for threads to answer my questions I can't seem to find the thread now but I believe your sister made your boquet for you if this is right did you see what the flowers from the ship look like or not? Also the cake I was wondering if you knew ahead of time what it would look like it is pretty although I would like a little color in mine I thought maybe I would bring something to add to color to it if this is the only design they ship offers I gather from reading other posts that you don't pick a design and one last thing did you have a reception? If you did what package did you go with and did you bring any table decorations or anything like that. Once again thank you for your reply I really appreciate it.

Okay - I'll try and answers your questions in order.

Flowers - my sister did all the bouquets and boutonnières. I made a special request for the bouquet provided with the package, so it was not representative of what you would get. Key West was considered an "island destination", so the standard bouquet is tropical flowers, which would not have gone with what my sister made. I asked about a specific bouquet (just white roses) but that would have cost me an additional $200 on top of the package price, so I skipped it since I really planned on using the flower my sister did.

(One note about the photos, the red carnations you see on lapels of guests and wedding party were not part of the package. It's a long story, and an "inside joke" but as a surprise one of our guests made sure everybody had one.)

Cake - this was one of the things I didn't care about at all. I made no special requests, and only choose the filling and cake flavor chocolate cake with buttercream filling. But it was DELICIOUS!! And we had way too much. But we took it back to our stateroom and snacked on the leftover cake all week. You may be able to request more decoration but I know I can bring your own cake topper. But it wasn't important to me. If you have a special request for a cake design RR will help make it happen, but be aware that each time you customize the package, there is added cost.

Reception - I had a buffet lunch reception, which was officially one hour long. But I added an extra hour of open bar, which effectively extended the whole reception to two hours. We also had a DJ for dancing, and we provided both a song list and a CD with some of our favorites. Because we had such a big group, I was glad that I did the lunch, but had the group been smaller, just cake and champagne would have been a good option as well.

Room Decorations - We didn't do any. It was a buffet reception, so there was no assigned seating, and we really didn't need it. The room was already quite lovely and the buffet tables were decorated nicely.

Here is the run down of my package and the upgrades and add-ons:

WEDDING PACKAGE Harmony Wedding - Destination

Ideal wedding location onboard a Royal Caribbean ship, Romantic wedding ceremony, Royal Romance Wedding Officiant, Personal Wedding Coordinator in attendance during the ceremony, Romantic, recorded ceremony music, Island Locations: A tropical bridal bouquet with designer’s choice of flowers , Groom's boutonniere with single matching bloom , Keepsake Royal Romance marriage certificate, Royal Romance wedding cake for the bride and groom, Bottle of Royal Romance champagne , Professional shipboard photography service for the ceremony, cake cutting and champagne toast (1 hour) , Embossed Royal Romance wedding album (holds twenty 5 x 7 photographs – photographs not included), Ten 5 x 7 photographs, One 8 x 10 wedding photograph (additional photographs may be purchased onboard), One 8 x 10 Royal Caribbean silver plated frame, Bottle of Moét & Chandon champagne with breakfast in bed for two

CEREMONY

TIME: 11:00 AM (ISLAND)

Party Procession Music: Own CD

Bridal Procession Music: Own CD

Ceremony Music: Couple does not want background music played during the ceremony

Recessional Music: Own CD

Type of Vows: Provided by Couple: Own Vows

WEDDING PERSONNEL -- 2 Additional Coordinators

OPTIONAL SERVICES:

MARRIAGE LICENSE

RECEPTION: Lunch Buffet with Bar Service for 49 Guests (for 1 Hour)

BAR SERVICE: 3 Non-Alcoholic Lunch Buffet (for 1 Hour)

Additional hour of open bar service for 49 Guests (for 1 Hour)

CAKE Heart-shaped wedding cake to serve bride and groom only.

FLAVOR: Chocolate FILLING: Buttercream FROSTING: White AND Two-tier wedding cake for the guest(s). The cake is to serve

above number of guests.

FLAVOR:Chocolate FILLING:ButtercreamFROSTING: White

ENTERTAINMENT 1 Disc Jockey - Key West 2hr/min (for 2 Hours Start at 11:30 AM)

Provided a list of songs and special requests including our CDs.

FLOWERS CEREMONY 1 Package Island Flowers

Remainder were silk flowers that we provided ourselves

PHOTOGRAPHY: Harmony Photo Package

Additional Hour of Photography Onboard

Hi,

I'm getting married on Jewel on the Seas on April 22.. coming up pretty soon, it will be a small wedding at the fort lauderdale port with 11 non sailing guest, after they get off the ship and we start our honeymoon.

We have Robert helping us from wedding experience(Royal Romance) and he's awesome answers any questions I have quickly. We purchase the shipboard harmony package and added an extra hour of photo, in my bouquet I also changed 5 of the 9 roses to be fushia, just need to pay a color change, book a hair appointment, change the groom boutonière to be fushia. We also purchase a hors d'oeuvre reception and purchase a cake and added the real rose topper (real fushia roses)....

I'll post a review and pictures when I'm back the first week of May, I know DCDIVA review and pictures were a lifesaver for me and made my decision easier.

Nancy

So glad my posts have been helpful. When I started planning my cruise wedding, I was overwhelmed and more than a little confused. I plans events as a regular part of my job, so I thought I was pretty well prepared. But I didn't realize how many new and different challenges would arise becuase this event was on a ship.

But then I found this board! There were so many generous people willing to share great advice and helpful hints that were actually helpful. As a thank you to all those past brides, I promised myself I would return the favor and pass on whatever I learned. I encourage you do the same.

The Jewel is a simply beautiful ship and we had an incredibly special wedding. I know that you both will too!

Hi guys:

Trying to begin planning a wedding on RCI's Adventure of the Seas for September 05. (I know, cutting it close, but we're building a house so the Justice of the Peace was looking real good there for a moment):D

Thought about getting married in SJ in a private ceremony & then sailing or getting married on the ship in port & then sailing:

My question is (and I'll have more & constantly ask again & again): What if I put down the $500.00 down payment just for a regular cruise & then decide (in advance of course) that I do want to get married on the ship. Will I then have to switch my reservation over to the Royal Romance Department for them to handle the particulars?

Thanks and I'll keep you posted as I plans start to come together. It's taking me a long time to figure out what "we" wanted and something non traditional suits me just fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Karen

Hi guys:

Trying to begin planning a wedding on RCI's Adventure of the Seas for September 05. (I know, cutting it close, but we're building a house so the Justice of the Peace was looking real good there for a moment):D

Thought about getting married in SJ in a private ceremony & then sailing or getting married on the ship in port & then sailing:

My question is (and I'll have more & constantly ask again & again): What if I put down the $500.00 down payment just for a regular cruise & then decide (in advance of course) that I do want to get married on the ship. Will I then have to switch my reservation over to the Royal Romance Department for them to handle the particulars?

Thanks and I'll keep you posted as I plans start to come together. It's taking me a long time to figure out what "we" wanted and something non traditional suits me just fine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Karen

Hi,

Royal Romance only allow 3 wedding ceremony at each port, if I was you I would check if the port you are thinking off is still available. I had to book my cruise first and after give them my booking number to start the wedding ceremony process. Just remember you need to pay for the wedding in full when you book the wedding reservation and after you can add the extras. The extras must be paid 30 days prior to the wedding and the guest list for sailing and non sailing guest must also be given 30 days prior with all the security info.

Hope this help a little bit.

Nancy

Thanks for the response you must be getting excited I would love to hear how things go it sounds like your plans are a lot like mine.I will be getting married out of the same port I would love to see pics when you get back. How much was the fee to change the color of your flowers? I would like to do that too. I will be dying to hear about every detail. Thanks again

Thanks for the response you must be getting excited I would love to hear how things go it sounds like your plans are a lot like mine.I will be getting married out of the same port I would love to see pics when you get back. How much was the fee to change the color of your flowers? I would like to do that too. I will be dying to hear about every detail. Thanks again

I'm getting very excited, all I'm waiting for now is the marriage license to be sent to me for signatures and to be notarized and after sent back to them.

The color change fee was $21.20 usd, good price to have a little bit of color.

I'll be glad to share all the details and pictures with you, we come back on May 1 and I'll have the pictures on a website by the end of that week. If you don't see a review or the pictures on cruisecritic, you can always email me kissykitty2002@yahoo.ca , I'll be more than happy to share any details with you.

If you do decide to book your wedding with Royal Romance, try to get Robert, he's excellent and will always get back to you, sometimes right away sometimes you need to wait 2 days but he always come through on any questions I have.

If have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'll be happy to to help.

Nancy

Archived