The Key

On 2/26/2023 at 3:08 PM, TKATeacher said:

The Key is an option that certainly has its detractors, so it is nice to read a thread with a few other views.  We had a cruise for this summer with 2 tender ports (Mykonos and Santorini) and that had me looking to see if The Key was worth the cost for our family. The best price has been $19.99 a night, but I hesitated. My youngest daughter is a vegetarian, and the Chops lunch menu looked problematic for her. Then we had an itinerary change (Athens swapped for Mykonos) and one less tender port.  I still check the price regularly but likely will opt for an internet package.

I could see two tender ports would make the Key much more worthwhile, particularly at $20.   

4 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

For our cruise in a year it is $43/pp for the Key and streaming internet is $18/day/device.  
That is a big price difference.  I'll be using my Disney World skills to get the first boarding.   I'd rather keep my carry-on with me (even if we had the Key).  I think I'll find a quiet corner and enjoy a book until the room is ready and keep everyone's carry-on piled around me.  Knowing me I'll probably want some "We made it! and now I can relax time."    

I purchased it for around the same price as for the internet. My husband definitely says no to leaving the carry on's!

• Like 1

I have purchased the Key three times, twice for past cruises and also for my upcoming cruise next month. I travel solo and will purchase the internet package regardless. Each time I have purchased the Key, it was only a few dollars more a day than the internet package. The price for my April cruse is currently up to $29.99 a day which I would not be willing to pay (current internet package price is $17.99 a day). I find value in the Chops lunch and the debarkation breakfast. Since I am solo, it would be difficult to try to juggle my carry on at the buffet when it is super busy. I live locally to the port and am in no rush to get off the ship. I like to sit down and have a nice breakfast before I disembark. My last cruise out of Tampa was delayed due to fog. The port ended up being a huge mess and I was waiting outside in line for hours. Once I made it inside the gate, I saw an employee holding a Key sign and I was able to cut in front of a few hundred people in line. That in and of itself was worth the extra money I paid for the Key. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1