WOW!!14 named storms 8 of which will be hurricanes predicted

NHLady

With June 1st right around the corner, looks like it may be a busy season!!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&ncid=564&e=1&u=/nm/20040528/ts_nm/weather_hurricanes_dc_2

Nothin' like a good strong breeze to get the ship to rock me to sleep! icon_wink.gif Of course, DH can't sleep at all when it's rough, and all I can do is sleep! I get home well rested and he gets home exhausted!!! icon_eek.gif

Hope the storms steer clear of all you summer sailors!

Karen

2hulagirls.gif

Fascination 03 2003

Monarch of the Seas 09 1995

woo hoo some starmy seas...now thats the bees knees i tell ya.

I wanna ride in some waves but not have my ports cancelled..

Yes I want my cake and eat it too, I'm spoiled what can I say.

<font SIZE="1">Click here for my Cruise Pics</font>

<font SIZE="1">***PROUD MEMBER O.A.T.C.***</font>

royalsmallwide.gif

saintsinners.gif

Miracle.gif

hounds3.gif

valorvampires.gif

<font SIZE="1">Opinions expressed by the poster are not necessarily the opinions of Cruise Critic or the Independent Traveler.

They might not even be the opinion of the poster, being he may be out of his mind at the time</font>

Atom.gif

We hear the same thing every year!! Last year we had that many but most of them end up in the far eastern Atlantic later in the season. Relax,enjoy, and let the weather take care of itself. Out of twelve cruises the only times I have been weathered out of a port was December and January.

quote from Zone:

woo hoo some starmy seas...now thats the bees knees i tell ya.

I wanna ride in some waves but not have my ports cancelled..

Yes I want my cake and eat it too, I'm spoiled what can I say.

Zone be careful what you wish for as you may not want to encounter one of those storms. I made jokes about this one and they came true. icon_smile.gif

Back in 98 on the Celebration which was doing seven day cruises out of Tampa. We encountered what was left of Hurricane Mitch. This is the same storm that sank the Windjammer cruise ship near Belize. Needless to say, we missed Cozumel and the crew roped all doors to the outside of the ship off so no one could go outside for two days. In the meantime the shipped rocked and rolled it's way to New Orleans. We ended up with three sea days in a row. I have never seen so many people kiss the ground when we arrived in NOLA. I like the seas to be a little rocky but this one almost got to me.

Now my friends dare me to make jokes about hurricanes or storms when going on a cruise.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

9/02/2004 Fantasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;9;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisingator2:

Back in 98 on the Celebration which was doing seven day cruises out of Tampa. We encountered what was left of Hurricane Mitch. This is the same storm that sank the Windjammer cruise ship near Belize. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Windjammer Cruise ship was the Fantome. I had sailed on her before and was very sad to hear about the fate of the the crew. Although I love the rocking at sea I would hesitate to challenge Mother Nature!

Mary Lynn

Proud Member of O.A.T.C.

a-angel.gif

OH HELL, WHERE IS MY SECRETARY???

cruiseship01.gif

Windjammer Flying Cloud 8/78

Windjammer Fantome (deceased) 8/80

Big Red Boat 4/93

Holiday 4/95

Celebration 4/96

Sovereign of the Seas 10/98

Sensation 4/99

Jubilee 7/01

Victory 1/02

Pride 11/02

Triumph (Joe McBlow cruise) 1/03

Spirit 2/03

Inspiration 2/03

RCL Explorer of the Seas 6/03

Princess Star 10/03

Victory 2/04

Triumph 5/04

Miracle 2/05

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Oh yeah, you had to bring this up! icon_rolleyes.gif

We who live on coastal waters LOVE this time of year. Out comes the cork map bulletin board tracking map with push pins. (Sometimes we even have three tropical depressions or hurricanes being tracked at the same time.)

Oh well, just a "Mother Nature" thing. Should be used to it after all these years, but somehow you never are.

As I've said many times on this board - I always feel safer on a ship during hurricane season than I do at home.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

Archived