wild ride on 02/26 valor

cabn cruser

did anyone else enjoy the rough seas at the end of feb. been on many cruises and this was by far the roughest ride we have been on. first time we took the kids as well so they thought it was like a ride at the midway haha. could not believe the number of people i heard complaining about it. people were demanding refunds because of it. i guess carnival forgot to tell the angry sea gods to settle down.

did anyone else enjoy the rough seas at the end of feb. been on many cruises and this was by far the roughest ride we have been on. first time we took the kids as well so they thought it was like a ride at the midway haha. could not believe the number of people i heard complaining about it. people were demanding refunds because of it. i guess carnival forgot to tell the angry sea gods to settle down.

I'm sorry to hear you had rough seas...I hope you had a great time anyway.:D

C-Dad and I were on the Valor cruise on Feb. 26th

It was rough, but honestly it didn't bother us. The chilly Monday at sea was kind of a bummer, but we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise.

I don't think it had anything to do with the stabilizers. The seas were just plain rough, and it was windy. To be honest, I kind of found it refreshing. For the first time I actually felt like I was at sea. What I thought was really cool though, was on the first night out the waves in the forward Lido pool got so big that they splashed all the way up to the Band Stand on Panorama. C-Mom even got a picture of it that I will post one of these days (To C-Mom *hint-hint*;) :p :D)

C-dad has requested these, so...

Here are some pics that I took on Sunday, Feb. 26th when were at the Lido pool (mid-ship). Unfortunately, they are slightly blurry, but I guess one can imagine why based on the waves in the pool.

The water was splashing out of the pool quite a bit and was clear past the bar area there on the deck.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=548430978

C-mom and C-dad and Cbn Cruser: how about reviews. Would love to hear all about the cruise!

We're working on ours...had to catch up at home/work this week...our anniversary is tomorrow...so hopefully be able to put together something next week for you all. :)

It made for a fun time trying to walk down the hall. Later that night I had go see what was going on and went to the deck and could barely stand up. 50+ mph winds and 18-20 foot swells.

I didn't hear anyone complaining about refunds, but it doesn't surprise me.

just a little info on our cruise. first off embarkation from now on we go late. we got there and off the bus at 3:05 and were on the ship at 3:25 AWESOME. The boat itself was beautiful. a little patriotic as im canadian but hey to each his own. this was the first cruise where i really felt the ocean!!! wow the first night was unreal. as far as food goes i found the food in the dining room to be just ok. that could be because our waiter was horrible.we had to ask the 2nd night 4 times to different people to get the drinks for our kids as well as kids go they order hamburgers. we waited 1hr 20 min to get the first 2 just to find out the other 1 was not ready yet???? it came 10 min later and had been put in a microwave. the lettuce was hot and soggy eeegh. needless to say we did not go back to the dining room. this was and has been the only complaint on the 4 cruises we have been on as we are far from picky people. but when his other table got there food asap i started to wander what was going on. Scarletts was unbelievable. a definate must do for everyone. as far as the rest of the food no complaints at all. (fish and chips very good)

entertainment very good. vegas shows top notch. as far as the islands all i can say is i cant wait till we go back to St. Maarten. the nicest and frienliest island we have ever gone to. any questions feel free to ask. wanted to keep this short

bill

people were demanding refunds because of it.

This never happens on RCCL ships LOL :rolleyes: Another blame it on Carnival :eek:

From reading another board, rumor has it that this ship had over 50 newly weds and this added to the rock and roll that week:D

This never happens on RCCL ships LOL :rolleyes: Another blame it on Carnival :eek:

From reading another board, rumor has it that this ship had over 50 newly weds and this added to the rock and roll that week:D

yes there were a lot of newly weds on board. there goes my excuse for blaming carnival. then again i can blame them for booking so many newlyweds on 1 cruise. they should know better than that:D

C-dad has requested these, so...

Here are some pics that I took on Sunday, Feb. 26th when were at the Lido pool (mid-ship). Unfortunately, they are slightly blurry, but I guess one can imagine why based on the waves in the pool.

The water was splashing out of the pool quite a bit and was clear past the bar area there on the deck.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=548430978

awesome pics c-mom. im sorry i did not get out to see that on the first night:( that night i was to busy in the bathroom with my head in the round cylinder:mad:

Archived