Magnets For Balcony Doors?

stephanie76

I never heard that one but I guess you could give it a try. Our a/c still ran with the door open.

Linda

Conquest 5/7/06

Liberty 9/18/05

Glory 6/04

Conquest 6/03

The magnet is for the reed switch which on the Legend was located at the top of the door jamb. It's a round black circle in a white jamb, hard to miss. If you just open the door for a few minutes the air conditioner stays on. The only problem I can see is how to keep the door open becuse it is heavy and has a pretty strong closer on it. Some posts mention a bungee cord but the door opens toward the wall and there is nothing near it to tie it too. There's a small table and two chairs on the deck and I guess you try to prop the door open but if the sea is a little rough I imagine you will hear banging and creaking all night. Anyway good luck with it.

The only problem I can see is how to keep the door open becuse it is heavy and has a pretty strong closer on it. Some posts mention a bungee cord but the door opens toward the wall and there is nothing near it to tie it too.

Bungee cord clips to the top inside corner of the balcony divider... Works great.

Archived