Here’s to NOT “The Worst Cruise I’ve Ever Taken”!!! Sailing the Mera today- first time MSC, YC and Aurea Suite

L1211

So the Aurea experience continues to be a challenge.  The girls went to check out the spa but were told they cannot access the thermal area.  I need to go back with them and help them get in.  Sigh…

Wine by the glass is definitely better on NCL’s premium pkg- of course my experience is limited to Chardonnay.  Pouring a Clois du Bois white - $9 bucks a bottle at Total Wine.  Nothing else offered, but will ask for a menu after muster.  

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

The girls room is on 11 all the way forward.  We started from the horizon pool where they were sun bathing.  Their suite is still flagged “cleaning” although appeared to be set when we entered to look around.  The hot tub needs filling and their beds need separating.  This entire area on 11 has a musty smell.  Not good…

4D42B85E-CBF2-4550-B1E2-363524EC15B5.jpeg

92C31298-AC6F-4A8C-BEBE-2BCEC75F4E1D.jpeg

103716FE-11FF-48B8-8045-C467598C1CD6.jpeg

Curious if mini bar is free in your daughter's Aurea cabin? 

2 hours ago, amygutman said:

We are excited to follow this! Boarding the Meraviglia on March 16th for a quick weekend cruise and eager to find out how much fun you had in the yacht club.

We were able to get a YC duplex suite so will be able to indulge in our own hot tub just like your girls! 

Have a wonderful trip and we can’t wait to see pictures and hear your adventures.

warmest, Amy 

On this sailing too with my 3 daughters. Our first MSC cruise. 

Currently in a YC deluxe cabin. But put in for the duplex upgrade today 🤞.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tamara said:

On this sailing too with my 3 daughters. Our first MSC cruise. 

Currently in a YC deluxe cabin. But put in for the duplex upgrade today 🤞.

Oh good luck!!

2 hours ago, NorthernCouple said:

Definitely curious if you can get them to stock beer other than Heineken. Happens that Heineken just isn't a beer that I like. Real plus if they will stock Pepsi products.

Yes, you can get other beers if you ask.  They carry Coke in the US market.

As far as drinks "just over the limit" I suspect that will be the case. There is a Chateau Neuf du Pape wine that Hubby enjoys that is $15.50 - $50 CENTS over the limit and not included in YC or in the Premium package.

Oh boy. Lines abound in the “gen pop”!  No complaints from my girls but you do notice people congregate and wait for drinks.  LOTS of Yeti’s for two drinks.  Here’s the lobby bar on 5.

E18319CE-6DB3-49DF-8E3F-642900EBA1AC.jpeg

• Like 1

Going to “thread the needle” on dinner tonight. Appetizers and a glass of wine planned for the YC restaurant then meeting the girls at Paramore.  I only have dress shorts or casual capris pants- sigh. Didn’t pack my dress slacks- only the tops I planned to wear with them.  I’m hoping they will understand - packing mishap!  

Drink update- the DH days the Old Fashion is a C at best- we live in KY had have an expansive bourbon Collection. Bourbon table displays are actually normal!  He’s an Old Fashion snob…

image.jpg

Butler brought wine- warm without ice or opener or glasses- guess that needs to be planned with a white pizza one night!! 

delarture update- pushed back 1.5 hours. Waiting on a truck?? 

3 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Drink update- the DH days the Old Fashion is a C at best- we live in KY had have an expansive bourbon Collection. Bourbon table displays are actually normal!  He’s an Old Fashion snob…

image.jpg

More info… the Woodford was already gone- huh?  Said they may get more.  Maybe in that truck we’re waiting on??  We would have been happy to bring them some!! It was a Jack Daniel’s old fashion.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Butler brought wine- warm without ice or opener or glasses- guess that needs to be planned with a white pizza one night!! 

delarture update- pushed back 1.5 hours. Waiting on a truck?? 

Yeah…we are definitely containing any excitement that we felt towards having a ‘butler’. 

9 hours ago, NorthernCouple said:

Definitely curious if you can get them to stock beer other than Heineken. Happens that Heineken just isn't a beer that I like. Real plus if they will stock Pepsi products.

@fredmdcruisers since they are in YC - all included - no price (or price already paid)

Just let your butler know what kind of beer you prefer. If they have it on board, they'll keep you well stocked 😊