Golfing

mfboat

My husband and his friends want to go golfing. Is there a place to golf in St. Thomas? How much would it cost for 18 holes and rental clubs? How long is the taxi ride? Any help would be appreciated.

My two cents: depending on your other ports of call, you may want to skip Mahogany Run. Quite expensive (I guess they all are in the Caribbean) and not that great a course from what I've heard. May not even be 18 holes, but don't quote me on that. STT is not known as a golfing island, so if you have other options I'd consider those.

My two cents: depending on your other ports of call, you may want to skip Mahogany Run. Quite expensive (I guess they all are in the Caribbean) and not that great a course from what I've heard. May not even be 18 holes, but don't quote me on that. STT is not known as a golfing island, so if you have other options I'd consider those.

From Mahogany Run's web site:

http://www.mahoganyrungolf.com/

For golfers, the thrill of a lifetime awaits at Mahogany Run Golf Course on the island of St. Thomas in the beautiful United States Virgin Islands.

This 6,022-yard, par-70 course, designed by George and Tom Fazio, offers 18 of the most beautiful holes in the Caribbean, culminating in the spectacular “Devil’s Triangle,” the world renowned Signature trio of the 13th, 14th and 15th holes on the Atlantic Ocean.

According to my husband, greens fees are around $110 for non-residents. I have no idea how that compares with other courses.

I have played Mahogany Run several times and absolutely love the lay out. Friendly staff and spectacular views at "devil's trianlge" or holes 13(par 4), 14(par 3), and 15(par 5). Course is about 20-25 minutes from port and cost is somewhere around $125 for 18holes.

We had a group golf it 02/22/05.

I think it was $125.00 per person which included half a golf cart.

Club rental was $40.00. Very nice quality of clubs. The ass't pro will help you select which is best. I took my own golf balls, glove, and we all wore tennis shoes. Gloves were about $20 Sleeve of balls about the same.

Archived