Purchasing Cruise Next from PCC for bookings

I have purchased Cruise Next certificates on-board ship and used them on future cruises...but I don't remember exactly how the math worked.  I recently booked 3 cruises, all more than 4 months out with my Personal Cruise Consultant....all inside cabins.   She offered to let me purchase $150 cruise next certificates which she "matched".  The result was I have a $300.00 down payments on my cruises and I only paid out of pocket for $150 each one.

So...for those of you who do the Cruise Next all the time...is this just as good as buying them on the ship?  Or is there an even better deal if I purchase them on board?  Because I personally kind of like not buying them until I use them, just in case I ... I don't know..give up cruising?  Switch to a different line?

They cost $125 on board if you buy two or more, so if that’s how you would normally buy them, you’re losing $25 by purchasing one at a time from your PCC. 

I have never heard of a PCC selling these, but if it’s their personal stash, then I guess they’re doing it for the $25 each time. 

Your PCC sold you Cruise First certificates not CN. these are similar, but do have different terms and conditions attached to them. The denomination of the CN is $125 for $250 value. The CF are $150 for $300. During promo specials that are often run during holidays the value is increased so you purchase the certificate for $250 and it is worth $500.

Cruise Next - https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

Cruise First - https://www.ncl.com/cruisefirst-program

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hawkeyetlse said:

They cost $125 on board if you buy two or more, so if that’s how you would normally buy them, you’re losing $25 by purchasing one at a time from your PCC. 

I have never heard of a PCC selling these, but if it’s their personal stash, then I guess they’re doing it for the $25 each time. 

The OP is confused on the difference between CN & CF. Their PCC was not selling them their own CN at an inflated $$. the Value of the CF is $300 for a purchase price of $150

4 minutes ago, 603NHCruiser said:

The OP is confused on the difference between CN & CF. Their PCC was not selling them their own CN at an inflated $$. the Value of the CF is $300 for a purchase price of $150

Indeed I was.  

Thank you for clarifying.

• Like 1