Earring found in safe Carnival Legend Ocean Suite 8271 (and PSA - check your room safe!)

ShakyBeef

Just off the Carnival Legend today, April 2nd.  The title pretty much says it all, but since I've never been known for brevity, I'll expound.  We were in one of our go-to Spirit Class cabins, Ocean Suite 8271.  Normally, upon first setting up and loading up our room safe (after a thorough sanitizing inside and out with Clorox wipes) on Embarkation Day, I search all the nooks and crannies of the safe for anything left behind by previous guests.  On at least half a dozen occasions, I have found something, usually a piece of jewelry, and always taken it promptly down to Guest Services to Lost & Found.  This time, while sanitizing and unpacking the room, I was a little more hurried and must have missed this earring under the front inside ledge of the safe, under the door.  So I didn't find it until this morning, when emptying and doing my usual (and very thorough) search of the safe just prior to evacuating the cabin.  It was under the ledge, caught up against the hinge post of the door and took a bit of work to fish out.  I took it down to Guest Services this morning and hopefully it will be reunited with its owner.  Just in case that owner is you or someone you know, I thought it would be worth sharing here.  

And now for the obvious PSA:  check your safes, y'all.  Thoroughly.  Lift that little mat, and run your fingers along all the interior edges, especially under that front ledge.  Small items being left behind in there must be a pretty common occurrence, if my experience is anything by which to judge.  

• Thanks 2