How easy or difficult to get the early dining time you want

Luvtoeat

We will be on the Seashore later this year and have early dining. This is our first time on MSC and I understand they will give you a dining time. What are the chances of changing it once you know what has been selected. We can go to the dining room and try to get something closer to what we prefer. 

Just wondering how much luck people have had in trying to get the dining time changed. We usually eat around 7:00 and don't want a dining time of 5:30. We have the Fantastica experience and know we can't initially choose our time.

Usually on MSC, if you get to the restaurant 'enquiries' pretty soon after getting on board, they can tell you exactly what you've got...& more importantly what options there may be for change.

7:00, for European cruises which is what I know, is rather 'betwixt & between'...may need some small(?) compromise here !

18 hours ago, Luvtoeat said:

We have the Fantastica experience and know we can't initially choose our time.

With Fantastica you are given preferential dining times based on your choice.  I agree with seeking out the dining room staff during their assigned time on boarding day to inquire about changing if needed. Depends on occupancy of ship.

3 hours ago, CliveJ said:

Usually on MSC, if you get to the restaurant 'enquiries' pretty soon after getting on board, they can tell you exactly what you've got...& more importantly what options there may be for change.

7:00, for European cruises which is what I know, is rather 'betwixt & between'...may need some small(?) compromise here !

Our cruise is in November and will be in the Caribbean so hope we can change our dining time if we need to. But no sense thinking about it until we see what has actually been assigned.

51 minutes ago, Luvtoeat said:

Our cruise is in November and will be in the Caribbean so hope we can change our dining time if we need to. But no sense thinking about it until we see what has actually been assigned.

You generally will not know until you get your room key.  It's listed on their.  If you're booked with Bella experience you likely will not get your preferred.  We talked to quite a few people who were given the opposite of their preference.  It started to feel a little like they were intentionally doing it.