Hammerhead Water Sports

sb cruiser

We originally booked with Coral Breeze limited for the manatee, snorkel and beach tour. It is now being done by Hammerhead Water Sports. Has anyone taken this tour with them recently? I am wondering how it went and what your opinion was of them. We leave in 2 weeks and don't want to waste time in Belize if this is not a good excursion. Any information is appreciated. Thanks. Susan:confused:

No I haven't heard from them yet. Our cruise is March 25th and we are booked with them March 30th so we are suppose to hear something 10 days out. We booked the manatee snorkel beach adventure. What excursion did you book? Hope this goes well. This makes me a little nervous with them taking over Coral Breeze's excursions but I am hoping for the best.

I booked a tour with them Sunday and got an almost immediate confirmation from Coral Breeze. Then Monday I got an e-mail with instructions. We are going on March 23 with Hammerhead. They said to look for Hammerhead Tours in front of Wet Lizard, so hopefully you will hear back from them at least the week before you leave for your cruise.

My confirmation came today from Hammerhead Water Sports, Coral Breeze. Mike from Coral Breeze said he was reading the threads and would put us at ease in sending out our 10 day confirmation early. I thought that was nice. Hope we all have a wonderful time in Belize.

• 3 weeks later...

You can contact them via Coral Breeze Limited. His name is Paul and he will set you up with reservations with them. We just returned on Sat and had booked it through Coral Breeze and now Hammerhead water sports is taking over doing their excursions. It was a great excursion. Not the nicest of boats but nice enough. They take you to a great snorkling site over the barrier reef that surrounds Belize and then to a great little island to have lunch and drinks. It was a great day.

Well...it's kind of funny how people can have different experiences. We went on the Shark Ray/Coral Garden excursion last week with Hammerhead (booked through Coral Breexe). The condition of the boat was just OK, very very crowded. When we met Heni(our main guide)at the Wet Lizard she mentioned that they were going to take a few extra minutes to try to get some last minute people to book the excursion. Well, we went from a party of 7 to a party of 45. We ended up with only 30 minutes at Coral Gardens, 20 minutes at Shark Ray and less then an hour on the island. Coral Gardens was pretty, but our group was so large that we spent a lot of time being kicked by someone else's flipper and trying to see through all of the bubbles created by all of the flippers. There were plenty of Sting Rays at Shark Ray, but no sharks in sight. There were quite a few boats there. I'd love to go back and spend more time on Caye Caulker. Needless to say, we don't feel as though we got what we were promised out of the trip. That being said, Heni and the other guides were very nice and informative. :(

My4gals, were you on the 3/28 tour with Coral Breeze/Hammerhead? That is the one we were on. While the group was pretty large (I wouldn't have guessed 45 though), most weren't last minute people, most we talked to had booked ahead of time. There were quite a few people who got off to spend the day on the island. I thought we left and got back right on time.

We saw one shark while snorkeling by the reef and then one more in Shark/Ray alley. We would have had more time in Shark/Ray alley if it wasn't for that stupid lady that got seperated from her own family while we were snorkeling. Heni wasn't very happy that she had to go swimming after her, meanwhile the lady was in lala snorkel land not even realizing people were waiting on her.

I thought the boat was in pretty good condition. Much better than other snorkel boats I've been on in the Caribbean (even ship sponsored excursions). I thought it was very cool of them to stop the boat to see the dolphins on the way back to the mainland.

DH and I had a great time. The tour might not be the best choice for someone who is an advanced snorkeler, but we didn't expect it to be. We went primarily for the sharks and rays and Coral Breeze/Hammerhead delivered as promised.

Sorry you didn't have the same experience we did.

Archived