Premium Plus

CruiseAF

So there is 3 of us in a cabin. My wife, My mother and myself.

my wife is pregnant and my mother has been sober for over 15 years. 

is their any way around requiring all 3 of us to purchase premium plus package? 

maybe a phone call?

thanks in advance friends…

5 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

maybe a phone call?

Hmm, that's a tough one. The thing is, Premium Plus is not just alcoholic beverages (though it's probably the main reason people choose to upgrade). Starbucks beverages, energy drinks, bottled water, fresh-squeezed juices and sparkling water are also all part of the package. 

I'd absolutely recommend calling NCL to see what options you might have. Maybe there are certain circumstances where NCL will allow the purchase of non-alcoholic drink packages for 21+ guests (as they do for guests under 21). The worst they can tell you is "no". 

21 minutes ago, CruiseAF said:

maybe a phone call?

If you haven't completed your reservation yet, simply uncheck the option box for the beverage package at the time you finalize your reservation.  If you already have it included in your booking, it still is easy to have it removed up to the time of final payment.  After that, it may not be possible to remove it, but check with NCL to see what can be done.  Please note that if anyone in your room selects a beverage package, then everyone (or at least all the adults, or at least the first two names of adults on the reservation - sorry, I'm a little fuzzy on the details) in your room must also select the same beverage package.  If one person wishes to drink alcohol but none of you have a beverage package, you can still drink, but you'll need to sign a receipt each time you order a drink and you'll see each charge listed separately on your stateroom bill.

I would say no as that is what I have seen and read. Now that being said if you opt out of the drink package completely as if one gets the free package in a room both or all have too. You might save far more money then just buying your drinks on the trip for one person. 

I have heard of them waiving the purchase requirement for pregnant women or some medical conditions. I don't think being sober counts as a valid excuse, otherwise lots of people would falsely claim to have a sober spouse in order to avoid paying for a second package in their cabin.

So my guess is that they'll make you purchase two packages, and you'll have to decide if it's still worth it to you to get the Premium Plus package, or settle for the basic Open Bar package, or get soda and/or Starbucks packages for everyone. Or just pay for all your drinks.

Edited by hawkeyetlse