Need A Little Help!!!

:confused: Can anyone tell me how much closet and drawer space there is in a cabin for 4. My sister and I will be traveling with two teens(18) and we want to know how much we all can bring for clothing etc. Also are there hair dryers in the cabins? We will be doing the Eastern Caribbean and would like to know which of the shore excursions the girls would enjoy the most. Any info would be helpful as I have taken 12 cruises but never with teenage girls. Maybe instead of info I may just need all of your prayers. This will be a very interesting cruise for me. Thanks to all of you who respond to my pleas. I am looking forward to this being one of the best cruises of my life. What could be better than a family cruise. Our cabin number is 9218F on the Explorer Traveling on April 2nd.

You'll be fine :)

We did an inside with two kids and two adults once. It was an inside on the Majesty. Smaller room, less storage than the larger ships. We managed just fine.

Try not to overpack. I suggest bringing hangers. There usually aren't even close to enough in the closet to make full use of the space. Even requesting extra doesn't usually come close to filling that space. There really isn't a lot of drawer space for four people. Bring an over the door shoe holder. It will help A LOT with clutter. Try to limit the amount of clothes you each bring as much as possible. If some of you wear the same size clothes or shoes, you all can mix and match with each others clothes. Things like shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, toothpaste can all be shared. Make sure you plan ahead and see who is bringing what.

Consider getting ready in the locker room in the spa. The space is huge and it will be a lot more comfortable than that tiny bathroom :)

Yes there is a hair dryer in the room. I always bring my own though. The one they provide takes forever to dry my hair.

To see pictures of the rooms on the Explorer try http://www.voyager-class.com

Romain, the owner of the web site has done an amazing job collecting photos of all areas on the ship.

Happy cruising!!!! :)

Bobbie

What a fun time you are planning!

As for excursions, all of you may enjoy the America's Cup Regatta in St. Maarten. You get to sail one of the boats from the real America's Cup. We sailed Stars and Stripes and beat True North! If they like any kind of outdoors fun, that may be a good one.

Snorkeling - if they like this, St. Thomas is good for either the Buck Island excursion, or going on over to St. John might be fun.

Somewhere has the zipline, but I don't remember which island.

Have you checked out the Ports of Call forums? You can access those quickly from the dropdown box at the bottom of this page.

Have a great cruise! Don't overpack! (Good luck with that one w/ 2 teenage girls!)

Archived