Chart Room or Commodore Club?

burnsva

On all the ships I prefer the Chart Room/Cafe Carinthia during the day and the Commodore Club in the evenings.  I prefer the Commodore Club on the Vista ships as the piano is in the centre of the room and there are more tables which are just for two. My favourite cocktail is the Commodore’s Cure but generally I like all the “sparklers”.  On sea days in particular, my other half and I enjoy sitting at the bar for morning coffee in the Chart Room/Cafe Carinthia. 

I don’t really like any of the pubs on board.  They don’t feel particularly inviting and they are too dark for my taste.  Unless I went to a nice hotel, I wouldn’t visit a cocktail bar or lounge on land but pubs are everywhere, so visiting the CC/Chart Room is always a particular part of the ship experience I look forward to.  Now less than 2 months away finally - first time since October 2019!

On QM2 TransAtlantics I like the Commodore before dinner, I always meet interesting people and have good conversations; after dinner I like the Chart Room for Jazz. Both rooms are stimulating.

I was just on QV from NYC to Dubai; I liked Chart Room before and after dinner; I am afraid I found the Commodore Club rather dead most evenings. The one attempt at Jazz there was less than stellar. 

I must say that the bar staff in all places are excellent.