Upper Lower Staterooms

Sugark21

Hello! I will be taking my first cruise in july to the western carribean, aboard the inspiration. My best friend and I are staying in an upper lower stateroom because her family is going as well because of a wedding. My question is, has anyone stayed in an upper/lower suite? Are they really small? I know I probably won't be in there much, but I didn't want to be staying in a hospital room or a clost! thanks for any help!

Actually, the upper/lower feels a little more spacious because the upper is folded away most of the time. It feels like a room with just one twin bed during the day. There is slightly less storage however since you can only put things under one bed. We always take small, inside staterooms on the lower parts of the ship and that was actually one of the more comfortable a spacious ones.

Jo

Definitely not a "suite' but can actually be quite comfortable for two people. I've always said that Carnival has the best-sized cabins of any cruise line. Be prepared, though - cruise ship cabins are nowhere as big as a standard hotel/motel room. However, they are well constructed and although at first glance, it may look like the accomodations are small, you'll find that the closets and storage space and the bathroom are quite adequate. We were on the Inspiration in a Cat. 4E, and there were 4 of us (2 uppers, 2 lowers). We just had to figure out a bathroom routine, but we had a great time!!! You'll enjoy this ship!

Thanks for the info. It should be interesting for two 21 year olds to find room to put all our stuff! haha, I'm sure we'll manage. Oh, and my mistake writing suite, I meant to write room, it was my error [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I forgot to ask, why do the pictures all over the internet of the upper/lower rooms show hospital like bunk beds? Are these just old pictures?

My friend and I stayed in an upper/lower cabin on the Inspiration. It was our first cruise and when we walked in, we had our doubts that we would have enough room to store all of our clothes! It ended up working out just fine. We had more than enough room. Don't let the looks of the beds deceive you in those photos, they are very comfortable.

Jan

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

Archived