5 Star Catamaran on Carnival Legend

Knights on the Beach

I've read all about Silver Moon and it sounds great. Just for research purposes, I'd also like some information on the 5 Star Catamaran & Turtle Encounter offered by Carnival. We'll be on the Legend, and the tour starts at 12:15 so I'm not sure the description on the Carnival website really applies. It says mimosas & continental breakfast are offered as well as lunch. Has anyone here done this tour while on the Legend? What alcoholic drinks are included? Any frozen drinks? Is the bar open the whole time, or is it limited? What is served for lunch? I know there will be more people on this tour than on Silver Moon, but I'm trying to figure out if that's the only real difference. Thanks for any info!

We did this tour last April when we sailed on the Destiny (different ship but I'm sure the excursion is the same).......

I would HIGHLY recommend it. It was one of the best excursions we ever did. We got off the boat in the morning, met our bus to take us to the catamaran, boarded the catamaran where the crew met us with smiles, mimosas and a light breakfast (muffins and pastries). We started out on our tour shortly thereafter (we were one of the last people on the catamaran). There were also other non-alcoholic beverages if you wanted that. We sailed in the catamaran for approximately 45 minutes (maybe, who has a watch while your on a cruise LOL) while sailing the crew puts on a good show of hoisting the sails and there was constantly music playing. We finally found our spot where we anchored and snorkeled for a good long while in beautiful clear water where we saw turtles and other sea life. I didn't see as many turtles as I expected though, I guess I expected to see hundreds of them. There was one other catamaran anchored in the same location as us (about 100 feet from our catamran) so it wasn't crowded at all. There were less than 50 people on our catamaran. After snorkeling we got back onboard where a buffet style lunch was set up (chicken, flying fish, breads, cold salads, rice etc....) all of the food was WONDERFUL. I didn't quite know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. At this time the bar opens up. They offer all kinds of mixed drinks and since we were in Barbados, the rum drinks were really popular. They had other things as well though (vodka, rum, gin etc...) they didn't offer any frozen drinks. All the drinks I had were wonderful and that says a lot because I'm pretty picky. All the alcohol was included. The bar didn't officially open until after you snorkel but they had the mimosas available beforehand. During lunch the catamaran sailed a short distance to a beautiful beach where you could walk down the front staircase on the catamran directly to the beach. At the beach you can either relax or snorkel off shore where there is a reef. The beach is very secluded and private, in fact we were the only visitors there. After the beach visit everyone re-boards the catamaran for the sail back. The bar is open the entire time until you get back to the dock.

This was one of the best tours we've ever taken and I would highly recommend it to anyone. If you have any questions please let me know bbeard@fieldturf.com

Hope this helps!

CruiseMom2- I just got a quote from Silver Moon, it sounds like a blast and they will adjust the time for our time- we will be on the same ship!! Pick up is at 1:30 (local time) and drop off 6:30. Good luck.

Archived