Visas for India Nautica May 10th

Juno1956

Hi everyone, we are having trouble trying to complete our visas for India online. We get so far then the computer won’t accept method of payment, date of birth etc etc. I know there are agencies who can complete this for you but I am reluctant to fork out another £200 when we should be able to do this quite easily!

Do Oceania do visas on board and anyone know how much they charge?

Thank you. Looks like we won’t need a visa for Myanmar as we probably won’t be going there!

27 minutes ago, Juno1956 said:

Hi everyone, we are having trouble trying to complete our visas for India online. We get so far then the computer won’t accept method of payment, date of birth etc etc. I know there are agencies who can complete this for you but I am reluctant to fork out another £200 when we should be able to do this quite easily!

Do Oceania do visas on board and anyone know how much they charge?

Thank you. Looks like we won’t need a visa for Myanmar as we probably won’t be going there!

We were on the Nautica in India in February. We used the service provided by Oceania. Fast and easy. Don't remember exactly the cost because we also paid for Mozambique via the same service and that was about $220 per person USD. That got my attention especially since we were in Mozambique about 3 hours.  My vague memory says India e visa was about 60 USD which allows for multiple entities for x number of days. It was well worth paying through Oceania as others who did their own reported great stress wondering if visa would arrive on time.  Nautica definitely won't do visas on the ship so you must board the ship with your visa.  They will ask for it on embarkation. When you arrive in Mumbai or one of the other major ports, the entire ship will disembark and go through immigration. If you are not processed there you cannot get off at any port in India that doesn't have an immigration office.  We made 4 stops in India. Mumbai was first and only on our trip with immigration office so everyone got off. It was a long and convoluted process, but Nautica staff was very organized and got us all through. You will be given, by the Purser who has been holding your passport and e visa, both documents when you disembark in India..  If you plan to take a private tour in your processing city, make sure the tour provider will wait for you. They are well aware of the issue but you might want to be prepared for an hour of processing.  You will be given a copy of your paper visa which you must keep and carry every stop in India as it will be inspected and stamped on entry and reexamined for the correct color stamp when you return to dock.  Happy travels.  India is so worth the extra red tape.

Thank you so much Sebbiesgrammy, that is very useful. My husband has finally done his so I will tackle mine later. I had planned to do a few private tours, our first port being Cochin, so that’s a valid point on making sure the tour operator will wait for the necessary red tape!