Has anyone ever stayed on deck 5 under The Manor on the Scarlet Lady?

Jezo

In July, my family did back to back cruises from Athens with Sea Terrace, Insider and Social Insider booked.   My son and nephew were in the Social Insider Cabin under the Manor and complained nonstop about the vibrations and noise.  It affected their sleep, to the point they were bickering and irritable the entire trip.  The room steward said that everyone he services complained about the noise being so awful and he offered them all earplugs which helped a little.  For comparison, I had the Insider on deck 12 forward and it was very quiet.   You asked for a firsthand experience, and this was ours.   Our itinerary was port heavy and sleeping well mattered.   But I would say if you have an itinerary where getting up early is not part of the plan, and you have opportunities to make up for the lack of sleep that you will experience in the cabin under the Manor, go for it.

• Thanks 1

I think one of the reasons why it’s the social insiders under the Manor is that they are designed for groups of four who would stay out late in the nightclub being social. Hence the name. Yes the noise doesn’t sound good, but I can see why VV maybe decided to go with the social cabins in that location and not regular inside rooms.

Maybe, if Virgin have had regular complaints about these cabins (even informal comments made to staff on board), they should consider warning bookers about potential noise, so cruisers can be informed before booking and decide whether they are likely to be troubled by it. 

A while back, we booked a UK hotel and the booking site pointed out that certain rooms at the front of the building could experience noise in the early hours, because of its location. On another occasion I remember seeing a warning about ongoing building work in the vicinity.

Then it's 'buyer beware,' I guess.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bbelle59 said:

In July, my family did back to back cruises from Athens with Sea Terrace, Insider and Social Insider booked.   My son and nephew were in the Social Insider Cabin under the Manor and complained nonstop about the vibrations and noise.  It affected their sleep, to the point they were bickering and irritable the entire trip.  The room steward said that everyone he services complained about the noise being so awful and he offered them all earplugs which helped a little.  For comparison, I had the Insider on deck 12 forward and it was very quiet.   You asked for a firsthand experience, and this was ours.   Our itinerary was port heavy and sleeping well mattered.   But I would say if you have an itinerary where getting up early is not part of the plan, and you have opportunities to make up for the lack of sleep that you will experience in the cabin under the Manor, go for it.

This is so good to know. I'm sorry to hear about their experience. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this helps you but I stayed directly above The Manor on deck 8 in a solo insider. I had looked on deck plans and for some reason I thought the cabin wasn't directly above the venue, but sadly I was very wrong! The first night I got a shock when the bass started around 11pm. it was so heavy that there was some vibration in my cabin. I was kind of horrified and thought I couldn't possibly do 6 nights of that. I went to sailor services in the morning and the only other cabin of the same category was on deck 5, directly under The Manor so I declined the offer. She said the first night was probably particularly bad because of the sail away after party.TBF the following nights weren't quite as bad and the club seemed to stop strictly at 2am and sometimes a bit earlier. It didn't ruin my cruise but I absolutely wouldn't choose a cabin anywhere near The Manor for a future sailing. 

• Thanks 1